New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I know its been mentioned but I am not going through 28 pages of this thread to find it but someone posted a bit of code or something so you could collapse the forums you dont read like you could on the original forums. Can anyone link/quote this code etc and the instructions on what to use or how to do it?

Soldato
Dunno if this was the same before, but if I quote someone and their post appears in this reply box, if I change my mind and don't post (happens often :p) then it doesn't matter if I delete the text from the reply box or change page, change thread, the quoted text always reappears when I come back into the thread.

Commissario
OP
Collapsible forums is listed in the first post on page one.
Being able to change avatars wasn't listed, I've added it. I'm not sure if that will change or not, avatars are allocated by rank.

Associate
Some awkward screen scrolling/jumping around when expanding images in posts.

Expanding images centers the thread/screen on the expanded image - deselecting then scrolls the thread down to place original image at top of screen.
Also side by side images overlap when expanded getting in the way of viewing comparisons.

Soldato
Collapsible forums is listed in the first post on page one.
Being able to change avatars wasn't listed, I've added it. I'm not sure if that will change or not, avatars are allocated by rank.

vb ranks worked by allowing you to select from your current rank or any below (it was like unlocking achievements), xf is currently linked to the additional usergroup and thus cannot be changed. xf can allow custom avatars, but as we want to keep it uniform we really want something a bit 'different'. That might take time.

Soldato
Dunno if this was the same before, but if I quote someone and their post appears in this reply box, if I change my mind and don't post (happens often :p) then it doesn't matter if I delete the text from the reply box or change page, change thread, the quoted text always reappears when I come back into the thread.

You just delete the post and wait for the little 'draft saved' popup in the bottom right corner of the edit box to appear - it's gone then. I've set it to save a bit more frequently to help.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I would like the Forums to be highlighted on the New Posts page please -

xenforo11.jpg
Nah

Man of Honour
You just delete the post and wait for the little 'draft saved' popup in the bottom right corner of the edit box to appear - it's gone then. I've set it to save a bit more frequently to help.
If you hit the "Save" floppy disk icon it also gives you a dropdown with options to "Save draft" or "Delete draft"

Soldato

i mentioned first day it went live. Got lost in the 100s of posts in this thread since i expect.

Atm i am really struggling to see the positives of this new look over the old forums. Same thing happened at AVforums. Old forums were great...new forums not so much.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
49. Can't go to first post from Thread list as no page 1,2,3 indicators visible and clicking thread title goes to last unread/latest. e.g. for thread titles like "Info in 1st post"

That has changed now hasn't it?

Commissario
i mentioned first day it went live. Got lost in the 100s of posts in this thread since i expect.

Atm i am really struggling to see the positives of this new look over the old forums. Same thing happened at AVforums. Old forums were great...new forums not so much.

Have some patience. The list of bugs is long and takes time to fix.

Associate
With your 100 posts a year, less than ten a month average, it could be argued that you never 'frequented' them before anyway?

It's a WIP, let them make their changes and fix the bugs. If it still 'makes you dizzy' and 'gives you eye strain' (although I'm unsure if this is reality or not. If so I'd recommend an appointment at your local Optician) in a months time then you might have something to say. It's been live less than a day.

HA HA LOL

V_R

V_R

Soldato
One thing that's missing from the old forums is that you could click on the number of replies that a thread had and it would open a list of the posters and how many times they've posted. You can't seem to do that currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom