*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
The biggest problem the Switch has is Nintendo are ultimately trying to bring a home console experience to a portable device, but banking on their "killer 1st party" Zelda and Mario IP to make it successful. Sony tried the home console experience through their PSP and Vita consoles and both are/were never popular. Not sure that being able to play Mario and Zelda with a "console experience" whilst portable will make any difference TBH. I'm sure there are small groups of people though who will be delighted to play Zelda on their Switch through their 55" TV at home one minute before heading out to McDonalds and continuing their game whilst scoffing cheeseburgers.

I had no issue with anything you said before this particular comment but as soon as I read the whole McDonalds/Cheeseburgers part, I can now see you're clearly just trolling.

Associate
How dare you!!! I NEVER eat at Mcdonalds! :p

What size SD card is everyone going to get to supplement the Switch? 64/128?

128gb for me.

My Day One order:

Neon Switch
128gb SD Card
Nintendo Case
Pro Controller
Zelda
Bomberman

And MK8D on Pre-Order.

(Plus a couple of Double Cheesburgers thrown in there for good scoffage.)

Caporegime
128gb for me.

My Day One order:

Neon Switch
128gb SD Card
Nintendo Case
Pro Controller
Zelda
Bomberman

And MK8D on Pre-Order.

(Plus a couple of Double Cheesburgers thrown in there for good scoffage.)

I feel like a bit of a Switch peasant, i've only got;

Grey switch (Still grey > neon ;) )
Subsonic Neoprene case
Zelda

Might have to slap a SD card purchase in as well, I think 128 is the sweet spot for capacity/price.

Pet Northerner
Don
I'm still with a Grey (cos I'd never have such bright colours! :p)
Pro controller
Zelda

I'm on the fence about Bomberman - my inner SNES child wantses it but might hold off for adult money reasons

No memory card yet, as I don;t plan on getting many digital purchases as of yet

Associate
I still find it funny that some believe the battery life is actually poor :p

To be fair, I was one of those. Until I realised that the Switch's battery life is pretty much on par with the 3DS. Now I'm just a bit miffed that it could have been slightly better battery life (maybe 30mins lol), had they gone for the more power-efficient Pascal architecture for the Nvidia Tegra.

Modern gaming unfortunately. Point me at a AAA release that doesn't have a £20 season pass now.

How long till Nintendo put micro-transactions in their regular full-priced games... except they kinda have since Bravely Default (and sequel) had them. Halo Wars 2 now has micro-transactions (non-cosmetic I might add), that's on top of a paid season pass.

Show me a game out there that looks better than Zelda on a hand held device ? I'm curious.

My thought's exacly. Except Nintendo themselves (and a whole load of their fans defending their every decision) claim that the Switch is a home console first. The unboxing video (which has been taken down since this morning) shows that the dock is actually empty and the device itself is just the handheld thing, which has the ability to plug into the TV.

I really don't see it as a home console. It should be embraced as the next Nintendo handheld, but Nintendo are treating it like a gamble, so they said they might even do another 3DS in the future. Doesn't scream confidence in the Switch...

Soldato
My reason for buying a 2nd is my g/f wanted a 3DS XL and we held off when information matured about the Switch. Adding in the benefit of another dock, not needing another controller etc and it made sense.

I was going to buy a 2nd now but will chance if any offers come up between now and MK launch.

On Bomberman, would like to try it out first...hopefully there is some sort of demo somewhere

Associate
I've got orders in for a grey Switch, Zelda and Pro controller. Already got the 128GB card.

Planning to get an extra set of neon controllers and maybe Bomberman depending on reviews and impressions.

Soldato
I get the feeling I will not even need the 2XGB that it comes with. But if I do, SDHC memory is dirt cheap these days :D

I probably should have stuck with a decent class 10 given the Hori official one is but I paid extra for a U3 in case. I don't do digital downloads for consoles unlike PC so might not even use much

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I probably should have stuck with a decent class 10 given the Hori official one is but I paid extra for a U3 in case. I don't do digital downloads for consoles unlike PC so might not even use much

You can always cancel it :)

I can see myself maybe getting a few VC games at most (very small file size), so I cannot see why I will ever need the extra space.

Soldato
The biggest problem the Switch has is Nintendo are ultimately trying to bring a home console experience to a portable device, but banking on their "killer 1st party" Zelda and Mario IP to make it successful. Sony tried the home console experience through their PSP and Vita consoles and both are/were never popular. Not sure that being able to play Mario and Zelda with a "console experience" whilst portable will make any difference TBH. I'm sure there are small groups of people though who will be delighted to play Zelda on their Switch through their 55" TV at home one minute before heading out to McDonalds and continuing their game whilst scoffing cheeseburgers.

I have a PSP and a Vita, the only decent games I had on either were Wipeout. Vita is a great bit of kit technically but very few games of note, unless you love JRPGs.

Switch will work great for me as with a wife and 2 kids I hardly get time to take over the TV and game in peace and quiet, having full fat Zelda on the go or while hiding in another room will be brilliant.

Soldato
Ok well discussed my overwhelming desire to own this thing with my better half and her response was 'why wouldn't you buy it if you want it?' so pre-ordered with Amazon with Zelda. Consider me excited!

Back
Top Bottom