Poll: *** Google Nexus 6 ***

Which colour & memory size are you going to get?

• White - 32GB

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Blue - 32GB

Votes: 77 36.3%
  • White - 64GB

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Blue - 64GB

Votes: 66 31.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
Definitely wouldn't send it back to motorola you'll probably end up with it back in the same state you sent it.

Thats what happened to my Nexus 6 this time, Now in contact with their support & getting the higher ups involved.

So I purchased a 6P :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Both mine and my wife's Nexus 6s are playing up now. They seem to work ok most of the time but on occasions they really lag/lock up for a while. Sometimes you can even answer the phone as the screens wont let you put any inputs in or you get the phone ringing but it doesn't change from the screen you are on to give you an option to answer it.

Anyone else having issues with 7.1? Seems like its been engineered to make the older phones obsolete.

Soldato
How are you getting on the the 6p Matteysan? Things you like/dislike over the Nexus 6.

Sorry for the late reply.

Obviously had it a few weeks now so I can comment more.

Signal quality compared to the N6 is pretty pap in the same circumstances, sometimes it'll take 2 - 3 mins to get a data connection on it after its lost signal, whereas my N6 would pick things up rather quickly, It can become quite frustrating where signal is patchy example being at work.

The width of the phone is very narrow but tall, I think I prefer the wideness of the Nexus 6 over the 6p, I found it easier to use one handed funnily enough:confused:, Maybe it is because of the curved glass on the front. Besels are huge compared to the N6 also which I don't particularly like either :o

Build I think I prefer the 6p, especially the placement of the headphone jack there seems to be more cover around it compared to the N6 & also the aluminium feels better than plastic. I don't like the big protruding glass back though! I'll have to be really careful.

The screen is better outdoors than the N6, But you can't beat the huge screen on the N6. Fingerprint scanner is okay I guess its very hit & miss with my fingers even after adding multiple ones.

Audio quality at stock I prefer the N6, But I've since put V4A on & it is better. Battery life I'm getting about the same as my N6 maybe sometimes it lasts longer.

Camera is obviously much better, Don't use it often so it isn't really a thing high on my list.

So overall somethings are better but certain stuff I don't like compared to the N6. But I think I'll be using it for the future as trying to get Motorola to sort my N6 has become tiresome.

Soldato
Thought I would post this as its given a new lease of life to my N6.

Updated my phone to 7.1.1 which seems to be the last official update the N6 will receive and installed the Pixel mod set from XDA. Will need unlocked bootloader and custom recovery.

Gives the phone the look of the pixel, gives you Google assistant, Daydream VR (if you have the kit) and a couple of other features like Night mode and other customisation options.

Suspended
Anyone who is on nougat, how are you finding Bluetooth?

Mine keeps turning off or disconnecting from my smart watch.

Thinking of going back to MM.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
Battery on my N6 started to fail miserably...
Did a factory reset and still the same...
Anyone had/s battery problem in N6?
Is there a way to check what is draining the battery ?
Thanks

Soldato
Mine and my wife's have not been very good since the upgrade to 7. Shame because i like the phone but the battery drain and camera lag are really annoying. Tried factory resetting and that doesn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom