*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I've heard rumours that the grey switches have faster clocked CPUs and with the neon model only the first 3gb of RAM runs at full speed ;)

I still can't decide what case to buy (though I definitely need to get one) and I want to get some hands on time with the joy cons before I decide whether to pony up for the pro controller.

What case are you guys all getting?

Last edited:
Associate
I've heard rumours that the grey switches have faster clocked CPUs and with the neon model only the first 3gb of RAM runs at full speed ;)

I still can't decide what case to buy (though I definitely need to get one) and I want to get some hands on time with the joy cons before I decide whether to pony up for the pro controller.

What case are you guys all getting?

I'm getting the Official Nintendo one which is about £16.99 to £19.99 and comes with a screen protector so it kills 2 birds with one stone for me.

Soldato
I got the Official Nintendo one too for £14.99.

Do you know if the inside of the official case is contoured for the joy cons to stop the console rattling/moving about or is it just empty inside?

Ideally I'd like a proper hard shell case with a custom contoured interior specifically made for the switch. Are there any interior shots of the official Nintendo case as I was going to buy that but I'd be annoyed if it's just empty inside and doesn't hold the console in place or offer any storage for games or a charging cable/etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Can someone help me understand what this RGB mode is. I know what RGB is on a retro console but why on this? Is it for VC? Sounds interesting and people say it's a good thing. But what is it for!?

Associate
Can someone help me understand what this RGB mode is. I know what RGB is on a retro console but why on this? Is it for VC? Sounds interesting and people say it's a good thing. But what is it for!?

RGB range options are common on games consoles, the Wii U didn't have it though.

RGB Full offers a higher range of colours but your TV/Monitor must support it, and be properly calibrated to get real benefit.

Man of Honour

http://referencehometheater.com/2014/commentary/rgb-full-vs-limited/

In basic terms if you don't match your consoles output to your TV/monitor you will either crush detail or wash out the display.

If both the console and the display are set to full RGB then you get finer granularity of colour gradation, but not "whiter whites" or "blacker blacks". That misconception is from not matching the console output to the display.

Soldato

I went for the Hori Hard case, looks minimal enough and space inside for cartridges. Can't see myself needing anything more than that. Plus if i travel, I will just use one of my quick charge plugs (have loads) which are 2.4A and USB C cable / power banks etc. I don't need to go crazy and turn it into a SLR size bag!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HORI-Switc...F8&qid=1487418574&sr=8-3&keywords=switch+case

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom