The Thing versus the Blob

Soldato
OP
"ribbed!"

i'd say the Thing would come out on top. granted the Blob is predatory and consumes its vics ["vritually xenomorph like digestive juices"...uh, ok, not really thouhg, more like normal digestive juices] but given Thing's resilience to most things except fire, we don't know that it COULD be consumed. both great films/creatures though.

Ummm if you saw the one from the 80's it's eaten in virtually seconds. The young boy screams the girl runs in and you can see his skin dissolving. Same for the kid in the sewer.

Soldato
not really though as there's half-digested bodies still stuck in it when it envelops the phone booth. hardly on the same level as a molecular acid that rapidly eats through multiple levels of metal ship decking, is it?

Soldato
OP
not really though as there's half-digested bodies still stuck in it when it envelops the phone booth. hardly on the same level as a molecular acid that rapidly eats through multiple levels of metal ship decking, is it?

Well that girl in the car is digested in about a minute, the kid in the sewer after a few seconds his bones are showing. The head of the bloke the canteen lady saw was the sheriff, his death was offscreen.

Granted it doesn't eat through metal, it has no need to as metal isn't it's food.

tbh I think the Thing may have a problem assimlating the "cell" of the blob.

Soldato
Honestly, being serious now. The Thing would win simply because it could absorb the Blob and destroy it cell by cell far quicker than the Blob could digest the Thing.

6bXwM0T.jpg

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I loved the original B movie blob..it even had a great theme tune! well worth checking out on you tube..its fits the style of the movie perfectly

FTM

FTM

Soldato
can you believe the original starred steve mcqueen..aged 28 he played a teenager

and the catchy theme tune writtten by Burt Bacarach of all people!!

Back
Top Bottom