Best way to clip cables to brickwork?

Soldato
Hi all,

Im trying to clip my coaxial TV aerial to my brickwork/grout and my current clips are really struggling not to bend/break.

Is it just the wickes clips I got that are naff?

Can anyone recommend good clips that I can buy? (going to screwfix tomorro)

Soldato
You can buy cable clip plugs. You drill a 4mm hole IIRC and then knock the clip into the plug. We had to do that in our kitchen for the twin+earth cable clips. Even though we bought decent ones, they just bent in the hard concrete walls, or wrecked the plaster as they smashed in. The clips worked well.

Associate
Are you sure you went for the correct size I know other people that have purchased ones which was bit to small and had this problem it can be only a few mil off as well.

You never try and hammer them into the brick if this is what you are doing.

Might be worth taking a few pictures if you can

Soldato
Clipping to brickwork is always a bit tricky - either the pins just shatter or they make a massive hole and don't really hold anything in. As suggested above, the best way to do this is with pin plugs:

https://www.edwardes.co.uk/en/products/schneider-tower-55pp1-20mm-grey-pin-plug-use-5mm-drill-

out of interest how would one use these?

I get the 5mm drill bit into the wall then put these in the wall but what about the clips?

Would I need two of these plugs in the wall and then hammer the cable clips into them?

Soldato
p.s I find that putting the clips into the cement is easier
but as the OP says it is difficult clips just break
I also need to do something similar here.

Soldato
I always find this a pain as well. I've used them from a variety of sources - screwfix generally - and they're all as bad as each other. I always wondered if I was missing a trick of the trade with them?!

Man of Honour
out of interest how would one use these?

I get the 5mm drill bit into the wall then put these in the wall but what about the clips?

Would I need two of these plugs in the wall and then hammer the cable clips into them?
They're the same as rawplugs but for cable clips, you just drill hole, insert 1 plug and hammer the clip nail into it.
Yellow rawplugs do the same job as these by the way if you have them knocking about.

Back
Top Bottom