Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
...if Ford are introducing a lot of available options and tech to the new Fiesta.

Well new Fiesta has some pretty fancy options available for a small hatchback:

• Panoramic Roof (openable)
  • Lane Keeping Aid
  • Enhanced Active Park Assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Blind Spot Information System
  • Auto High Beam
  • Driver Impairment System

Caporegime
£20,145 is for a base spec mk7 fiesta ST-3
Spec up is already £22,615

And the ST200 starts at £23,145 in base spec

Spec up with what? All you can add is parking sensors, style park and a spare wheel to the ST-3 as it has everything else.

and no you cannot include the orange paint :p

Soldato
and no you cannot include the orange paint :p
Spoil sport :(......................................:D

But Red the only free colour option and no one going want a red one ;) (Apart from maybe females)

Spec up with what? All you can add is parking sensors, style park and a spare wheel to the ST-3 as it has everything else.
Rear View Camera £250
5 door version adds £600
Rear electric windows (5 door) £175
Adjustable boot load £75
Rear Centre Head Rest £50
ST Style Pack £275 for 3 door, £175 for 5 door
Rear Parking Sensors £200
Spare wheel £100

Last edited:
Caporegime
Spoil sport :(......................................:D

But Red the only free colour option and no one going want a red one ;) (Apart from maybe females)

Rear View Camera £250
5 door version adds £600
Rear electric windows (5 door) £175
Adjustable boot load £75
Rear Centre Head Rest £50
ST Style Pack £275 for 3 door, £175 for 5 door
Rear Parking Sensors £200
Spare wheel £100

I didnt think you could get a rear view camera with the ST? You certainly couldn't when i bought one. You also cant have the spare wheel AND the adjustable boot floor. It is one or the other.

Also red is best :p

Associate
I didnt think you could get a rear view camera with the ST? You certainly couldn't when i bought one. You also cant have the spare wheel AND the adjustable boot floor. It is one or the other.

Also red is best :p

I have spare wheel and adjustable boot floor (and a rear view camera).

Associate
Saw the announcement, did not like.

Disappointingly, just looked on Autotrader & Pistonheads and I can't see any 5 door ST variants for sale! (only the irritatingly named ST-Line)

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Just had a look today at another 65 plate ST2. Still in two minds as not sure I am happy with the firm ride all the time, but what is it with the paint on these?
I've looked at three now and all had really bad swirl marks and one was like sandpaper.
None are high mileage either.
Is the paint just not that tough?
Sort of puts me off, especially with the blue I like as it is really obvious.

Associate
Just had a look today at another 65 plate ST2. Still in two minds as not sure I am happy with the firm ride all the time, but what is it with the paint on these?
I've looked at three now and all had really bad swirl marks and one was like sandpaper.

I think people (including the dealer where I got my NEW one from :mad:) get a bit excited with the sponge.

My ST200 is nowhere near as bumpy as the 2014 ST2 I took for a test drive.

Soldato
Well, there was a long delay with getting my handset authorised by Cobb for the MR265 calibration, this didn't look as though it was going to happen tomorrow, thankfully it came in with 15 mins to spare after a few weeks of waiting. Phew.

paEJL0s.jpg

Dropping it off tomorrow morning with a service being done at the same time. I'll give it a few weeks before I do another dyno.

Caporegime
If you get a Sept 2015 or later car it has all the little changes the ST200 got to the suspension and steering. Ford couldn't be bothered to make a new production line for the ST200 so just gave all cars the new bits. Stiffer rear torsion bar, thicker front ARB which means they could make the suspension a bit softer and adjusted the steering to match the new setup.

I only find mine bumpy at low speed, 30+ is fine.

It's the same with most modern cars, people just take them to car washes. Front ends stone chip easily though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Paint is so soft on modern cars it's near impossible to avoid light swirls and scratches. Using car wash places doesn't help though. You can get them out with a machine polisher.

Soldato
Well, there was a long delay with getting my handset authorised by Cobb for the MR265 calibration, this didn't look as though it was going to happen tomorrow, thankfully it came in with 15 mins to spare after a few weeks of waiting. Phew.

Dropping it off tomorrow morning with a service being done at the same time. I'll give it a few weeks before I do another dyno.

Excited for you dude! Let us know how it goes! If only you were closer! :p

Associate
Need to refuel for the first time this evening. Any recommendations? Closest to me is a Tesco, or there is an Esso near work.

Soldato
Need to refuel for the first time this evening. Any recommendations? Closest to me is a Tesco, or there is an Esso near work.

Used to always fill mine up on Momentum99. Now it's mainly Vpower, purely because I've got a Shell on my usual route now, either is good though.

When are the new cars actually going to be out? About a year I've heard?

Early next year for the MK8 is the word at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom