Anyone else finding themselves being more disinterested in gaming?

Caporegime
Yeah yeah I know, take a break but I feel like I'm on a constant break anyway.

So anyone else just feeling disinterested/jaded with gaming in general?

The amount of games I buy now has plummeted, I really only enjoy playing BF1 really as everything else is season pass this, DLC that.

I feel burnt by the DLC program in CoD so no interest really in that, and everything else is just meh and seems to want to suck cash out of you like a lady of the night.

I'm finding myself wanting to enjoy more and more games from years ago on retro systems and the such like.

Steam seems like a good cure for things like this with their indie games.

I literally have zero interest in bells and whistles or resolution or graphics anymore so my interest has plummeted in getting a PS4 Pro or even a Scorpio system at launch at this point I just feel like I despise everything that gaming has become/is becoming.

So rant over, anyone else?

In before old man yells at cloud.

Soldato
I think it's natural as we get older. We change as people and so does our tastes in hobbies and interests.

For me I require more to my games than pretty graphics and something all the cool kids play. I enjoy story driven games and those that's worth playing may only come around once every few years. On my PS3 I think I only ever played 5-6 games in its entire era. On my PS4 I've only completed about 2 games and I've owned a PS4 and now a PS4 Pro since 2014. Don't mean I'm not interested in playing games, I'm just not interested in playing rubbish. Can't quite recall the release calendar but I expect this year to be my busiest year of gaming in about 5 years with Horizon, Andromeda and RDR 2 releasing. Next year there might be nothing and the PS4 stays switched off :p

Soldato
I seem to have zero enthusiasm for playing games nowadays, but plenty of enthusiasm for buying consoles, building PCs, and ordering the latest overhyped releases which I quickly tire of. My PS4 hasn't been on for months. My PC hasn't been on for weeks (and I only built it at Christmas).

Man of Honour
My time for playing games reduced a lot and my habits changed. I now have kids and a demanding job. Hours spent in fps games just aren't appealing or realistic. AAA console titles were never really my thing, more PC. Rather than onljne fps or mmorpgs, I find now gaming is more dip in dip out for me than long sessions. I have revisited old lucas arts adventure games, play Nintendo games with the kids and I'm enjoying the odd blast on forza and have never been a driving fan.

I am looking forward to switch as I spend a lot of time on planes.

So I still like gaming just different games and amounts of my time.

Soldato
Im loosing interest in games as they seem to be aimed more at multiplayer. I miss really good single player games. Also hate all these indie games, if i want to play a mobile quality game i will play it on my phone not on my console.

Associate
Im loosing interest in games as they seem to be aimed more at multiplayer. I miss really good single player games. Also hate all these indie games, if i want to play a mobile quality game i will play it on my phone not on my console.
If you think indie games are just 'mobile quality' games on consoles you've missed some absolute gems of games.

Soldato
for me it's get a new name, stare at it for a few weeks saying 'i'll start it tomorrow'
finally get round to playing it and turn it off after half and hour or less as i don't know what i'm doing
start to get into it
really into it now, know the controls so well! cant wait to play it
ah just want to get this completed now
next

been gaming for many years now and hope to still game for years to come. there is some good fun to be had. i'll never dedicate as much time to it now though, just don't have enough of that these days

Caporegime
I think it's totally normally as you get older. There's the general attrition of generic sequels (i.e. COD) that just get dull.

Take a break for a few weeks then try something a bit different.

I used to play loads of Battlefield but recently have found a few different styles that have kept me entertained. There's something about Rocket League which just feels fun, and I can grab a quick half an hour as and when.

Witcher 3 was a blast, amazing quality but I struggle to find the time for a decent session.

ARMA 3 I have a love hate relationship with. Some games are just amazing. Wiping out organised squads is amazing but other times it's a real chore.

I'm thinking about picking up a Nintendo switch to get back to the core of gaming - just having fun. Too much now is put on graphics and big budget marketing.

Soldato
Yeah quite a lot.

I'm very selective on what I buy now, A lot of games don't hold my attention for long.

I tend to have weeks sometimes without playing console games and then I revisit games that I had not finished and end up playing them for days. Horizon 3 on xbox has grabbed my attention back this last week.

My next game will be Horizon zero dawn.

I also put it down to the general months in the year where not many decent games are being released. These coming weeks/months are shaping up nicely.

Soldato
I'm not too bad but then I am quite selective in what I buy. I can go for long periods either not playing or playing things that are not necessarily new. Right now I am playing through Dark Souls II and Mass Effect 3, both of which I am really enjoying.

I know what you mean about the tired DLC market now so I do tend to avoid it...I did go for the BF1 season pass though because I will use that as my go-to MP game for the next year or two.

Associate
Play some local multiplayer games with friends and family. That'll put the fun back into gaming.

Otherwise, take a break like you say. I started to feel like this because I kept buying games and never finishing them as I was being too picky and trying to find all the hidden items/side missions to 100% everything etc. Now I've started to relax and just play them from A-B it feels miles better. That and playing fun games with others. I finished Deus Ex MD last night so I can get stuck into Horizon Zero Dawn tonight.

I still play BF1 regular as well, can't wait for the DLC.

Soldato
I see this name all the time where people recommend it. Is it really that good? Because it looks pants lol. If it's reeally that good I may get it on the Switch :)

Decent game and quite addictive, don't let the pixel graphics put you off, when playing this game you really feel like your part of the community you play in. It's brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom