New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Soldato
anyone got a sidesync apk that works on non samsung phones?

Sidesync won't work on non Samsung phones, but I did post an alternative:

Not as flexible, but it allows you to control your phone from the PC.

Soldato
I needed an app that could be located on my lock screen that gives information about my health and ICE numbers.
I came across a great little app called LifeAssyst if anybody is interested.

If it's just some 'Text' then why not add it as a 'Lock Screen Message' not sure where it's hidden, but search for 'Lock Screen Message' and add what you like! :)

here's mine!...

HdFcXtt.png

It also shows on the 'Glance' screen (or what ever it's called on Android... I've recently defected from Windows Phone!! :D )

Man of Honour
anyone had this happen?

audible suddenly wont produce sound on headphones, works fine on speaker. amazon music works fine on headphones.
but audible plays but no sound on headphones. I'm confused. been working fine for many many months.

Man of Honour
complete phone reset and even went from CM to lineage OS.
amazon music player and phone sounds work through headphones(both headphone speakers)
Audible and beyondPod however are not working through headphones.

I don't understand what on earth could cause this.

Man of Honour
I wonder if its the app given that it's persistent across phone wipes, have you tried installing an older version from apkmirror?
i'll give it a try, but it seems to be every app, other than music. couch 2 10k isnt producing sound through headphones, nor is beyondpod.

edit - nope even with older app, still same.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
oneplus one

makes no difference, as i say its not just the audible app that isnt working with headphones (beyondpod, Cto10k also aren't working with headphones), and they haven't all been undated recently.
Bet yet amazon music works fine with headphones, as do android sounds.

Soldato
Could maybe try a non CM/Lineage based OS and see if that works, maybe something like Oxygen OS (although I think the OPO is stuck on an old version for it). Otherwise not sure what could be causing the issue.

Man of Honour
yeah im stumped as well, its realy time for a new phone. battery is screwed and connection issues. suppose i know what saturday nights overtime is going on. Although have to manage for 2 week till payday. suppose i'll just take workphone when out walking/running in the mean time.

Man of Honour
is there a weight lifting app that i can set my own workout (lifts, sets, reps, rest period) to keep track and also beep when rest is up.

Back
Top Bottom