*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Just booked a holiday to Canada in a fortnight so have two 8 hour flights that will be ideal Zelda time! Just need to find a compatible power bank as apparently you need a native USB-C one for it to charge the Switch properly.

Pet Northerner
Don
Just booked a holiday to Canada in a fortnight so have two 8 hour flights that will be ideal Zelda time! Just need to find a compatible power bank as apparently you need a native USB-C one for it to charge the Switch properly.

check digital foundries review, they had a power bank that upped the life to 6 hours that was relatively cheap, at work atm so cannot get on youtube to check.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nooooooo... mine does not have USB C.... :(

I thought some kind of adapter would work fine. Ah no big deal, will be playing it on the TV most of the time anyway.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine.. just hope this isn't another Amazon console release drama again from Amazon. Where it gets loaded on to the van and out for delivery, but then.... completely disappears.

Soldato

USB C yes but i believe you can buy a connector and it works fine but the console might have to be off...which isnt ideal.

Id be looking at Anker PowerCore+ 20100 personally. £45 from Amazon. Expensive but massive and fast charging.

Soldato
I believe the switch charger is like 5 volts, hence why the power banks reportedly do a poor job with feeding them enough power to recharge the battery whilst playing.

Good price on that lightning deal but I think I may also wait.

Soldato
I believe the switch charger is like 5 volts, hence why the power banks reportedly do a poor job with feeding them enough power to recharge the battery whilst playing.

Normal USB charging is 5V. The Switch (according to reports) charges fastest at 15V which can be negotiated with a native USB-C charger. 15V charging over USB-C is pretty new so personally I would wait a week and find a charger that's been successfully tested with the Switch.

Hopefully it will turn out that other chargers can still charge the Switch, just much more slowly.

Soldato
Normal USB charging is 5V. The Switch (according to reports) charges fastest at 15V which can be negotiated with a native USB-C charger. 15V charging over USB-C is pretty new so personally I would wait a week and find a charger that's been successfully tested with the Switch.

Hopefully it will turn out that other chargers can still charge the Switch, just much more slowly.

Ah sorry, I meant 15v

Back
Top Bottom