233s many mile Mondeo

Soldato
Perhaps consider that your car went into the dealers on the last day of the month and into the first day of a new registration (28th Feb into 1st March) which is a notoriously busy time for all dealership departments and you didnt have a booking... Might explain why the dealer didnt get to spend much time on it... What with the normal busy period and everyone else's cars that actually did have a booking...

Soldato
OP
in fairness the service dept will be busy doing lots of PDIs (pre delivery inspections ) but I do have an update, techs are scratching their heads and theres a Ford field engineer coming out today, Driveshafts are also due today so hopefully tie everything together in one hit

Soldato
If you get to talk to him, ask why driveshafts are going on so many cars and if it's been fixed. It's bar far the most common issue on them.

Soldato
OP
Dealership are being utter muppets.

now trying to say that its not covered under warranty as its covered 65k miles.

Ford Website said:
Our warranty protects your car for up to three years from the moment of delivery.

To begin with, your Ford warranty covers you for one year with unlimited mileage. From then on, your Ford Warranty will safeguard you for another two years or a total of up to 60,000 miles, whichever passes first. (Remember, the 60,000 mile limit includes the mileage you covered in your first year of ownership.)

not quite sure when unlimited actually means 65k miles. I feel a long protracted fight with Ford CRC coming on

Soldato
How old is your car. If it's over 12 months it is out of warranty. Under 12 months it's still in. Make sure you have proof of when you first took the car in, if your close to 12 months.

Soldato
OP
10 months old, and i'm no further forward. I don't care how nice their coffee is or how shiny their shoes are there hopeless

Soldato
Luckily my local food place isn't a dealers they don't sell anything just do repairs always ready to deal with, had no issues checking it the ESC light coming on a few times.

Soldato
OP
well I've currently got a Ford mastertech and a Ford field engineer looking at it to no avail :( only thing they can get is that its showing fault codes for low fuel pressure

Soldato
So this could be something as simple as a pressure regulator or fuel pump. You would think the way cars are these days it would tell you exactly what's wrong.

Soldato
OP
Quick update dealership have ordered a leak down test kit won't find anything out till Monday. Maybe I'm naive but I assumed a main dealer would at least have one sitting

Associate
I think I might have passed your the other day when you were broken down. Were you in the M8 hard shoulder near Shotts? Might just have been some random other black Mondeo estate :(

I'm a bit gutted for you, you really loved the old Mondeo but just don't seem to be getting on with this one.

On another note, I just realised that it was yourself that played Rift and hung out on TS with me and a few other guys all those years ago lol.

Soldato
OP
I think I might have passed your the other day when you were broken down. Were you in the M8 hard shoulder near Shotts? Might just have been some random other black Mondeo estate :(

I'm a bit gutted for you, you really loved the old Mondeo but just don't seem to be getting on with this one.

On another note, I just realised that it was yourself that played Rift and hung out on TS with me and a few other guys all those years ago lol.

It was indeed me broken down should have waved 2 of my drivers did

really made a major mistake buying the mk5 I think :(

Soon as I'm clear of negative equity or it bursts into flames I can see me changing for something else,

Current dream taxi is a Passat biturbo 4motion estate

Associate
How much money is this costing you in lost earnings?

Can you not get a courtesy cab to use whilst they are pulling their thumbs out of their arses?

I'm a cabbie myself so I can understand any frustration you may be feeling.

Back
Top Bottom