Are we over showering/bathing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Checking in for the bin juice brigade,

Every other day for me, I typically spend 12 hours a day sat at my desk working. If I do anything at all physical, like go for a walk, cycle or ride the motorbike - then its once a day.

Soldato
I shower every morning, and probably 2 or 3 evenings a week on top of that.

I don't feel right without a shower in the morning, even if I shower right before bed, going to work without a morning shower would make me feel awful for the day. Just don't feel right at all.

Man of Honour
Now I see why one in three people at work seem to smell unpleasant. I understand not showering twice a day, since I'm one of them, once enough for me, but how on Earth do people shower only a few times a week, or less?

Just awful. My thoughts are with those who have to get intimate with these people.

Soldato
Shower everyday in the morning as soon as I get up. Not only does it make me feel fresh and clean but it also helps wake me up first thing. If I play any sport/gym etc then i'll have a shower after that as well.

Man of Honour
I see you've never studied biology then. You know the human body is made up of quite a lot of bacteria right? And that some of that bacteria actually helps us right? If you killed all the bacteria in a human body you'd suffer major health problems. According to a biologist I know there is a ratio of 3:1 of bacteria in human bodies. That means there is three times as much bacterial DNA in a human body compared with human DNA.
:(

Yes, I have - to degree level :p

I am well aware that typical flora can protect from other pathogenic bacteria... It was more your reference to 'good' bacteria that I found amusing than anything else - as if it has some sort of conscious and desire to be pleasant. Also, 'killing good bacteria by showering' and weighing that up against 'killing bad bacteria' is a bit of a gross extrapolation for the sake of this conversation - unless you have some sort of condition or are in ill health it really is merely down to whether are you smelly :p

Soldato
Got to love the one up mentality in this thread.

A lot of you must have really oily skin. I try to keep my showers short, as I suffer from dry skin pretty bad. There's no way my skin could take two showers a day, unless there was some exercise involved that required it.

Caporegime
There's a troubling number of shower deniers and water avoiders in this thread. You know when your colleagues look at you pointedly and tell you how it's amazing that some people just can't smell their own rank, putrid stench?

THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Once a day religiously. It wakes me up and makes me feel fresh :cool:

If I'm going out for a special occasion like a meal or party I'll have another quick shower. Likewise, if I've been to the gym after work then I'll have a shower before bed.

Bath? Ain' nobody got time fo' dat!

Man of Honour
Checking in for the bin juice brigade,

Every other day for me, I typically spend 12 hours a day sat at my desk working. If I do anything at all physical, like go for a walk, cycle or ride the motorbike - then its once a day.

You should be doing physical activity every day. Especially if you're sat at a desk for 12hrs.

Soldato
Filthy soap dodgers in here! Disgusting!

Shower once a day minimum. I don't even bath as I think that is too dirty. You're basically just sitting in soup of all the dirt that was on you in the first place!

Man of Honour
Filthy soap dodgers in here! Disgusting!

Shower once a day minimum. I don't even bath as I think that is too dirty. You're basically just sitting in soup of all the dirt that was on you in the first place!

I like to have a quick scrub over in the shower before I settle down in the bath. One of the perks of a shower/bath I guess.

A nice hot soak in a bubble bath, with a book or tablet entertainment of some kind is one of lifes greatest pleasures.

Caporegime
Twice a day for me, need a shower in the morning to wake me up and get rid of the sleep eye-boogers.

If I go to bed with unwashed hair/face, I tend to get pimples.

Plus, being clean when getting in to bed means a better chance of something from the missus ;)

Soldato
I shower every day but only because society says I should (plus I work in a hot sweaty kitchen). However, I believe soap is the reason you develop smells in the first place. Why? Well, I never, ever wash my feet with soap, only water, and because of that, I've never had smelly feet, ever. Even my 2 yr old work shoes, worn 5 days a week from 10am till 10pm still smell new. And I'm not even joking.they literally smell new still. I think deodorant makes you smell too. I again use it most days, but I noticed on the days I do use it, my pits begin to smell quicker than on days I don't use it.

Soldato
I shower at least once a day! Can't believe some of you stinkers don't :p

To be fair, I'd wash as little as I felt I could get away with, my hair gets greasy quickly and my pits sweat quite often. Probably all caused by washing so often, but there we go :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom