*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Zelda is sitting next door at the Click n Collect.

Got a full days work to do first, so holding off leaving the house :D

But milk is low. I may break....

Soldato
No chance of me being able to get a Switch where I live, so before I manage to get my hands on one when I travel, I might have to go for the Wii U version.

Anyone here chanced with the Wii U version? Whats the version like in comparison? I have seen the youtube videos but views on reddit seem to indicate that performance can be poor on the Wii U in certain areas.

Anyone have a hands on experience with it?

Soldato
Well, sadly Amazon have let me down - delivery is now Monday for my Wii U Zelda.

Still, not the end of the world - I do have work to do and I also have a busy weekend, so maybe it's actually for the best!

Soldato
Well, sadly Amazon have let me down - delivery is now Monday for my Wii U Zelda.

Still, not the end of the world - I do have work to do and I also have a busy weekend, so maybe it's actually for the best!

Sometimes, I have had their own staff tell me "Sorry, coming in a few days" then it turns up that same day. Normally around Christmas with busy workloads, like today. Fingers crossed :D

Associate
Anyone here chanced with the Wii U version? Whats the version like in comparison? I have seen the youtube videos but views on reddit seem to indicate that performance can be poor on the Wii U in certain areas.

Anyone have a hands on experience with it?

I played several hours yesterday (I posted on previous page I think dude). It's a tough one to be honest to call simply because it depends on your tolerance for lower frame rates and their frequency. The Wii U does struggle here and there, particularly in villages and occasionally in the open world. But I forgive it, simply because this is not due to poor optimisation (though I'm sure it would be better had they not gone dual console and divided their resources), but because it's such a beautifully crafted and large world that it is asking too much of the hardware sometimes - but given the choice of reduced scope and solid 30fps, and what we actually have, I'll take what we have every time.

Soldato
OP
I caved and bought the two Link amiibos while they're still available.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use them in game without removing them from the packaging?

Nah, at least not with some of the older amiibo I've used, they have a bit of foil in the bottom which stops it scanning. Might be able to get at it with the Joy-Con but I doubt it.

Soldato
Four different streamers I've been watching today have stopped and rebooted due to frames dropping after about 40mins of gameplay.
Performance is good again once restarted for a further 40-45min period.

Obviously something that will get sorted ASAP.

Edit: on Switch

Last edited:
Soldato
So this game worth picking a switch up for (that's if you can get one)?

Having never played a Zelda, what type of game is it, rpg?

Got a PS4 pro which I use and an Xbox which I don't so thinking of selling Xbox to fund a switch. Guessing it's good for 2 player games / kids etc

D3K

D3K

Soldato
So I couldn't resist and I'm toying with this over lunch.

The loading screen gave me a little shiver :D

However, I think I'm very spoiled by PC gaming because I cannot unsee the lack of AA on link.

xJUOFop.jpg

This is zoomed in to about 1/8th of my TV, on Wii U

Can anyone with a Switch confirm if they see the same or is there AA?

Also the noise of the disk is driving me nuts. If the image fidelity is better on switch I'm gonna upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom