*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
PrwtxZl.png

This was me earlier sat in the car playing Zelda whilst waiting for the misses to finish shopping. One thing I'd like to change is the gamma on the screen, it's too high at the moment so blacks are very washed out! But other than that, it's awesome. It feels as though anything you can thing to do, you're able to.

I got the official case and put the screen protector on. No dust left over and perfect fit. Rather pleased with my self so now I'll dock it tonight and get a proper session on it. Will certainly be using it tomorrow as I'll be in and out of London.

Caporegime
PrwtxZl.png

This was me earlier sat in the car playing Zelda whilst waiting for the misses to finish shopping. One thing I'd like to change is the gamma on the screen, it's too high at the moment so blacks are very washed out! But other than that, it's awesome. It feels as though anything you can thing to do, you're able to.

I got the official case and put the screen protector on. No dust left over and perfect fit. Rather pleased with my self so now I'll dock it tonight and get a proper session on it. Will certainly be using it tomorrow as I'll be in and out of London.

So cool. :)

Soldato
Not at the moment. It has no browser or media playback function.. yet. I'm confident these will come somewhere down the line, until then I'd hold off if these features are important to you.

Not at the moment no, the Switch does one thing and one thing only currently!!

Edit: Late to the party on that one! :)

It's ok, I was secretly hoping someone would have knowledge of this additional functionality coming soon but it looks like nothing has been revealed about those plans. Shame.

Associate
This is a truly dense post so apologies, but I presume you need a USB to USB-C thing to attach that to the console?

Just tried playing in the car and wouldn't recommend it.... Vom!

I've just realised why gyros might work differently for people - if your playing in mobile mode the gyros are quite far apart so slighter movements might register bigger movements on the screen. My gyro bow aiming is very responsible in portable mode - much better than the joysticks.

Purchased a pro controller from Asda but think that was probably unnecessary....

Yes. Usb A to Usb C cable. If you've purchased the pro controller then you'll have one already in the box

Associate
PrwtxZl.png

One thing to watch out for when using it in the dock is as it the console gets warm the screen protector may start lifting off at the bottom of the screen.
Put a Hori screen protector on mine yesterday, played the game docked for a couple of hours last night, took the unit out of the dock and the protector is lifting at the bottom.
Not a newbie at putting them on devices done phones and tablets with no issues at all.
Hopefully a tempered glass protector will fix the problem.

Cheers all

Associate
Wasted 2 screen protectors :mad:
Both times one spec of dust got underneath, if it was edge i wouldnt of minded but both times where in the middle of the screen

Looks like i need to order some more

Soldato
Wasted 2 screen protectors :mad:
Both times one spec of dust got underneath, if it was edge i wouldnt of minded but both times where in the middle of the screen

Looks like i need to order some more

Little tip as I used to have to do it for a bunch of iphones in an old company for new mobiles for users. Put scotch tape across the device (horizontal), as you lay down the protector, take each layer of tape off, it lifts dust off and you'll have a few seconds of clean screen even in a dusty environment.

Associate
This is a truly dense post so apologies, but I presume you need a USB to USB-C thing to attach that to the console?

Just tried playing in the car and wouldn't recommend it.... Vom!

I've just realised why gyros might work differently for people - if your playing in mobile mode the gyros are quite far apart so slighter movements might register bigger movements on the screen. My gyro bow aiming is very responsible in portable mode - much better than the joysticks.

Purchased a pro controller from Asda but think that was probably unnecessary....

Hey bud I did some testing as I use it in bed.

I have these 3 Port plug chargers, two behind our bed. For using to charge iPhone, Apple Watch, Vape mod etc and now Nintendo switch.

AUKEY USB Charger 30W / 6A 3 Ports Adapter with AiPower: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I also got this 2m USB-C cable for £4.99, feels pretty solid.

USB Type C To USB Cable, CHOETECH 6.6ft Hi-speed Type A: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Switch battery started on 76% when I hooked it up to charge. Screen brightness at 75% and auto enabled.

Played for 1 hour straight of Zelda while charging. Battery sat at 82%. After 2 hours of the same, 88%.

So around 6% per hour while playing a very intensive game.

You also get 30W odd car chargers for cig socket, although no idea how reliable they are. Will be getting one, as it'll keep son entertained in back of the car.

Power bank wise... The Anker PowerCore+ 20100 seems to be good with Nintendo Switch, with the USB-C output providing a very good supply to it.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the help re chargers and cables :)

So I'm currently sat in a car park with my girlfriend playing Zelda and me on the phone (we got here way early!) and we have the car on - the pro-controller cable is going into the switch and the ciggy lighter. My phone is also being charged from the ciggy lighter (two USB inputs). Phone is charging nicely, switch says it's charging but actually it isn't at all. Not powerful enough ciggy adaptor it looks like, just FYI.

Caporegime
Thanks for the help re chargers and cables :)

So I'm currently sat in a car park with my girlfriend playing Zelda and me on the phone (we got here way early!) and we have the car on - the pro-controller cable is going into the switch and the ciggy lighter. My phone is also being charged from the ciggy lighter (two USB inputs). Phone is charging nicely, switch says it's charging but actually it isn't at all. Not powerful enough ciggy adaptor it looks like, just FYI.

This should have more oomph.

AUKEY Quick Charge 3.0 Car Charger 18W for Nexus, iPhone, iPad, HUAWEI, SONY and more, including a 3.3ft A to C Cables

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KWYGPOI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_pzxUUu3HxrEMG

Soldato
Finally got to play on a Switch, Guy in my team at work got one.

WOW the screen is stunning and graphics are pretty epic. Had a go on Zelda and RMX. Love it.

Can't wit till I get one. The Joy-cons are so dinky but really comfy to hold.

Soldato
Putting on screen protector whilst hungover is not a good idea.

These arrived today:

Xj5kf1p.jpg

Good thing there's three in the pack as I managed to waste the first one due to smudging my finger with it. Getting dust off of this screen is a nightmare. Got a flashlight out and ended up spending 15 minutes trying to get every piece of dust off, near impossible. The micro fibre cloth I am using (Amazon's own) likes to shed strands of material.

On the second go I am happy enough with it, no bubbles on the display area.

UvqNkVw.jpg

Soldato
I like my switch, i genuinely wish it was more powerful so 3rd parties would make the big games on it. I'd probably buy them on the switch before anything else. Oh well. Also wish i could play my 3ds games on it too but i do realise that's a step too far lol

Back
Top Bottom