Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Caporegime
I love having everything hidden away and when watching a film in a darkened room the lack of distracting LEDs and displays makes quite a difference to how absorbed you feel in to whatever you're watching. I'm really happy with it. It's also home-made, in 22mm MDF with a grey eggshell finish and a nice piece of oiled walnut worktop and soft-close doors, so no you can't buy one :p

How do you control the av units when the cabinet doors are closed?

Man of Honour
I stream via a Sonos connect at the moment (Deezer and lossless CD rips on my NAS, I've also tried Tidal), to me it doesn't sound as full as I think it should, I think maybe it's a weak DAC in the connect. I'm tempted to borrow my mates Cyrus CD player and see if there's any difference.

Suspended
To be fair, the Sonos isn't the best streaming source for high quality reproduction. You would be better served by an Auralic Aries Mini with separate LPSU. That will give you the option of outputting to a standalone DAC via USB, TosLink or Digital Coax, or direct to a pre-amp via the analogue outputs.

Man of Honour
I know, I like it because it works seamlessly with the rest of the Sonos system, so party mode etc. There is an option of sending it away and having the DAC upgraded, whether it's worth it or not I don't know.

Suspended
I know Wyred 4 Sound will do that and the upgrade works well from what I have read...but by the time you consider the upgrade cost and they price a 2nd hand unit would fetch you could replace it with a much better streamer. If you have Sonos integration already however then it's a no-brainer.

Soldato
Not sure where you'd get it now-a-days, maybe Ebay or somewhere. I got it from Forbidden Planet Belfast, it's over 10 years old.
Sorry for my super late reply,Yeah they're pretty hard to get now.
A model shop near me was supposedly had some on order from the US then the deal fell through,Apparently the manufacturer in the US didn't want to sell them outside of the US for some reason.

Soldato
20170408_151226_zpsnw1lzesx.jpg

Samsung UE48H6400
Sony STR-DN1050
Q Acoustics 2000Ci
Q Acoustics 2020i
Q Acoustics 2010i
Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Sky HD
PS4
XBox One
PS3/Wii U in bottom right cupboard
Roku stuck to the rear of the unit (command strips are a wonderful thing)

Harmony Ultimate and Hub to control it all.

Just finished setting it all up.

Soldato
Samsung UE48H6400
Sony STR-DN1050
Q Acoustics 2000Ci
Q Acoustics 2020i
Q Acoustics 2010i
Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Sky HD
PS4
XBox One
PS3/Wii U in bottom right cupboard
Roku stuck to the rear of the unit (command strips are a wonderful thing)

Harmony Ultimate and Hub to control it all.

Just finished setting it all up.

Looks great, I have the same TV and 2010is and 2000Ci in 3.0. Not as neat looking as yours though, looks great

Associate
AMD HTPC - Networked to 10TB Storage (music & films)
Naim Nait XS2
Audiolab MDAC+
PMC Twenty 21 Speakers
Pioneer BDP-450
Panasonic 42in (probably upgrading soon)

Just built and painted all the cabinets which hold all the equipment in the middle and then all my DVD's, CD's and Blu-Ray's in the units to both sides. Mainly used for streaming lossless FLAC via Qobuz and movies etc. The sound is phenomenal!

Untidy at the moment though, need some more storage!

Back
Top Bottom