Quake champions

Soldato
I used to play Quake 2 and Quake 3 all the time a long time ago! I have recently just set myself up with a new PC for gaming specifically so that I can play Quake Champions when it comes out (as well as playing other games!). Looking forward to the beta!

Man of Honour
I tried to sign up. It asked for my DOB (I'm 32) and then said "We're sorry, you may not access this site. Please review our privacy policy". Must be too old....:p

You probably put month and day in the wrong way around (its in US format IIRC) which with many combinations creates an invalid date and for some reason the site throws a wobbly and its not trivial to get it to forget lol.

V F

V F

Soldato
Can remember getting my 3dfx card to play q2 and the 32mb tnt2 ultra to play quake 3

Mmm, WickedGL! My first high end card after the Voodoo 3 3000 was the GeForce 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IpArsMcs3o&utm_source=YouTube&utm_campaign=Nyx&utm_medium=Social

Hmmm looks a bit iffy, thankfully there will be a mode to remove the abilities but it's starting to look just like the new UT.

Sweet, just noticed campground dm6 map at 0.33 seconds, rocket to rail bridge jump :D

I thought there was something familiar about it.

Associate
Loved QL for a few years and now reached a complete (very low) plateau on Titanfall 2 so this may well peak my interest again... Ta for the heads-up.
When does it go live?

Man of Honour
Some gameplay video from PAX EAST, the movement looks lovely very much CPMA!!! Very excited now and check out the quake 1 rocket launcher!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7lpwUVmhsU

Hope its not too CPMA - the full on version of that movement lost some of the refinement of the original making it sharper which felt a bit bad while the hybrid version like the default in OSP that was somewhere between the two felt a lot better.

Man of Honour
At release Doom MP had different movement to the main game IIRC (think they've patched it now so its the same) which felt quite bad - overall a lot of it felt like it had been designed for console rather than PC multiplayer. TBH my initial experience of it wasn't very positive - it kept reminding me how much quake 3/live did things better and made me wonder why I was/would spend the time playing it over that so I've not gone back and tried it since they patched it.

Back
Top Bottom