• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Who will be getting a 1080Ti?

Will you be Getting a 1080Ti

• Yes

Votes: 135 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 125 30.5%
  • Waiting to see what Vega is like

Votes: 150 36.6%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
This.

Nvidia have been guilty of some obscene profiteering - and that's before Gsync tax is added.
PC gaming will become absurdly niche with the prices they're charging - they must be killing big chunks of their own market.
Let's hope Vega shakes things up.
High end PC gaming has always been expensive. The 8800Ultra was ~$800 when it launched way way back and there is alternatives that do not cost the earth. You can pretty much build a pretty high end gaming system for £500.

Associate
I was going to get one but struggling to justify the price. Especially as the prices seem to be going up after just one day. I'll wait till some competitors have their stock in and make a choice then. Ocuk price fluctuations seem a bit ridiculous at the moment.

Soldato
I've been holding back my vote for a while now, but I have finally decided on a No.

I bought a 1080 beginning of January, an upgrade from crossfire 280x's. I was absolutely blown away by the 1080,the performance increase was huge! The Ti would be another improvement, but nowhere near as big. I'm getting a solid 100fps+ in BF1 at 1440p ultra, I don't need anything more than that. I'd rather put my money into a custom water loop and clock my 1080 even higher, and eventually look into a hex/octo core cpu.

Associate
Not at around £800 that is pushing titan area of money. Yes its pretty much the same card I understand that but the 980ti to this day remains the most expensive card I ever got at around 580 for an evga super clocked. I will probably upgrade to a volta titan given enough time to save up to replace my 980ti. But I have 1080SLI in my main rig so fine for now.

Associate
After reading all the reviews and watching many videos I'm a bit more tempted to get one now to replace my 980ti. I'm just a little hesitant as i'm not sure if I should also upgrade my cpu, currently have a 5820k or just stick with what I have.

Soldato
After reading all the reviews and watching many videos I'm a bit more tempted to get one now to replace my 980ti. I'm just a little hesitant as i'm not sure if I should also upgrade my cpu, currently have a 5820k or just stick with what I have.

Your cpu is more than fine. Go for the 1080ti.

Associate
Your cpu is more than fine. Go for the 1080ti.

I was going to try and get one in the US while I'm over here but as expected stock is pretty much non-existent like most places at the moment. Will probably just wait until I get home early next week and see what stock is available then.

Back
Top Bottom