Madeleine McCann investigation 'cost £10 million to date'

Soldato
They are selfish to the core, Leaving their children unattended for a lengthy period of time pretty much says as much.

The manipulative ***** will have their time eventually, something will slip and the two will be put away.
This is one of the most aggravating cases in a long time, and just shows what money and knowing the right people can get you.

Soldato
Glad it's not just me who thought Evangelion's post is completely out of touch with reality.

I almost lost it at "locked hotel room". Lmao. I wouldn't leave more than 50 euro-cents in a locked hotel room :D

You really are having a laugh aren't you? Can you please stop as this is no joking matter there's a massive contradiction in your post lol.

You say "They had a meal with some friends (not 'a night of drinking') like normal people do." But a "Meal" takes 15 minutes tops not several hours and then going back to check every 30 minutes ffs. You can order food to your hotel room too for goodness sake.

You lack basic logic. If a MEAL was the primary motivation here, they would have eaten something. Not abandoned their children. You keep denying basic dependence logic. :confused: Why? You don't have to abandon your children every time you're hungry.

eh?

:confused::confused:

Soldato

Nothing confusing about my post. Evangelion was saying they simply went out because they were hungry. I'm saying it's not just because they were hungry. Because there are many other ways to quench hunger which don't involve the abandonment of your children.

If you can even CONSIDER juggling gluttonous desires with child abandonment, they should not be anywhere near children. Also, if hunger is the only rationale (rationalisation) for such a stupid act of abandoning their children, then they also should not be anywhere near children.

The real unforgivable thing is this girl had TWO parents. TWO! If having multiple rounds of tapas and getting drunk with your "friends" is top priority why did they even take their children with them.

The more I think about this the angrier I get. I need to step away from this thread for a while.

"A Meal with friends"?? I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that.

If some "friend" invited me for a "meal" knowing full well it would mean leaving young children home alone, I'd be very suspicious of how much of a friend this guy really was.

Last edited:
Soldato
I truly wonder what they can still be doing?
If this all links into taking down some massive ring of child traffickers, it'll be great, and £85K will be small change for 6 months compared to the £10M spend thus far.

Doubt the wee girl is ever going to turn up. Doubt we'll ever know what happened.
Hope I'm wrong.

Caporegime
The real question that should be asked at this point is how many children could have been found with this money equally shared in effort for finding them?

What a joke.

Soldato
Am I right in saying the sniffer dogs found her DNA in the boot of their car? How do the parents explain that?

I don't know but surely sure any person's child's DNA would be in their car. Like hair/skin cells from dirty clothes put in the boot and stuff? I don't know though, could've been blood?

Soldato
Dna and blood found in a car they hired after she went missing. Taking a broken freezer from the rented apartment to the dump. Using the hotel creche before and after her disappearance. Doesn't look good imo.

Soldato
Taking a broken freezer from the rented apartment to the dump.

Yeah, very dodgy. I can't speak for anyone else here, but if the the fridge/freezer in my holiday apartment broke then my initial thought would not be about lugging it to a local dump and then replacing it out of my own pocket. It would be about getting straight on the phone and contacting the complex's management.

Caporegime
What sort of message you do send to child abductors though, if you stop investigating when it's deemed too expensive? The business case for this is making it clear to all the weirdos that we won't give up and you won't get away with it.

And the police have a separate budget to the NHS so all this 'we could have bought 4 MRI scanners' etc. isn't relevant.

Caporegime
What sort of message you do send to child abductors though, if you stop investigating when it's deemed too expensive? The business case for this is making it clear to all the weirdos that we won't give up and you won't get away with it.

And the police have a separate budget to the NHS so all this 'we could have bought 4 MRI scanners' etc. isn't relevant.

Well the McCanns got away with it

Soldato
Dna and blood found in a car they hired after she went missing. Taking a broken freezer from the rented apartment to the dump. Using the hotel creche before and after her disappearance. Doesn't look good imo.

He didn't really take a fridge to the local dump after she went missing did he?
While still in Portugal?

Back
Top Bottom