*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
steve45;30481072 said:
New gaming surface and mug to go with the new keyboard and case.:p
20170207_205958_zpsqizdwp9l.jpg

What are these speakers please?

Soldato
I've finally got my man cave mostly sorted, just a few finishing touches left to do. It's taken me a year as it's been a low priority on my list of getting things done in the house but I'm pretty pleased with it now, especially considering the state of the place when I started. It's actually starting to feel like a proper home. Just ignore the doors, they're all getting changed soon!

1r6uuVu.jpg

Djpk5cY.jpg

Here is how it looked shortly after we moved in and ripped everything out.
qw1yunp.jpg uYsRefp.jpg

Associate
New place so oppertunity to get new desk, layout etc. Gone down the Alex route with blank top after seeing some lovely ones on here, so much more room!

20170209_155623.jpg

hi

what worktop is that? and what size? I have a 2.3m width i need to fill so trying to work out the best way to do it.

are the drawers from ikea?

cheers

Soldato
hi

what worktop is that? and what size? I have a 2.3m width i need to fill so trying to work out the best way to do it.

are the drawers from ikea?

cheers

Yup all from Ikea. Its actually just a tabletop, LINNMON is the name. In terms of size its 200 cm x 60 cm. The units on either side is in there ALEX range, comes with small rubber domes and the tabletop rests on them.

Soldato
I applied three coats of this straight onto the wood:

http://www.diy.com/departments/colr...URoC-__w_wcB&dclid=CNbL-tWsg9ACFWyH7QodRpkBeg

Once fully cured you can then buffer the finish for extra shine, believe it or not I haven't actually done this yet, been meaning to get round to doing it!

This looks very good. Cannot find a nice desk in the dimensions I need so something similar is possibly an option.

How are you finding the danish oil standing up to protecting the surface as time has gone on? Wouldn't want to ruin it with red wine/ coffee marks.

Do you find the surface oily or sticky at all?

Soldato
Hi,

It's OK for protection, general everyday use not a problem although it's more mark-able than my old desk. I have put one or two small marks in it when I haven't been too careful. I generally use coasters for drinks, especially wine. I've put mugs on with tea in on a couple of occasions and it didn't ring. I would probably say you do need to be careful with the surface though unless you build up more layers of oil.

The surface doesn't feel oily per se but it does have a stickiness to it. It's absolutely fine with paper, etc. it doesn't come off onto things, but if you have a real heavy object like a computer or monitor on the desk it does stick down onto it.

Back
Top Bottom