Sorry eBay problem

Associate
I buy from eBay often and sell once in awhile.
This time i bought a chrome cast ultra, it was used no box but good price, so was happy.
Arrived quickly, but when i opened it up it was only a Chromecast 2. So i emailed the seller, he apologized and said it was his mistake, he had listed it incorrectly... He asked if i could return it and he would refund.... I understood and just asked for some postage money so i was not out of pocket. At this point he turned abit and implied i would not send his item back and said he would not refund or send any postage money till i sent the item back to them.

I don't think I'm been unreasonable asking for postage? All i did was purchase am item, they sent the wrong thing...

Any feedback before do anything would be great.
Cheers

Soldato
You really believe the seller "made a mistake" and listed it incorrectly? Most probably did it deliberately and banking on the buyer (you) thinking it's not worth the postage cost to send back.

If he's going to be a **** about it then use the eBay process, that's what it's there for

Caporegime
I didn't want to be a **** and just claim to eBay, but also don't want to be out of pocket

I don't see how you'd be an **** here - you've contacted him and asked him to pay for postage, he's playing games... just report him to ebay

Soldato
IIRC, last time I did a returns from Ebay for "not as described", the Ebay web page allowed me to print off a pre-payed returns label. Presumably Ebay pays and adds it to the sellers refund bill.

Back
Top Bottom