Monitor calibration colorimeter advice

Soldato
I have a late 2014 iMac with a retina 5K monitor. I've decided to get into printing my own photos and I'm getting a Canon Pixma Pro 100S printer for my birthday next week. I'd like some views about colorimeters please.

Associate
I would highly recommend the X-rite i1 display pro. I got it when I purchased the Benq 2700 photo editing monitor and its been fabulous! Way better than my old Spyder calibrator.

Caporegime
Spyder's are fine if you dump their software and use somebody else's much more comprehensive ones. Thats what I did, bought the cheapest Sypder for £75 (its the same sensor in all models) and then used better software.,

Soldato
I use a colormunki photo for monitor and printer profiling for paper my match is spot on every time the x-rite i1 display pro is a better monitor calibrator for sure as the munki is a low end spectrophotometer but never had a mismatch with the colormuki for paper profiles.

We have all been there with wasted paper and ink over years no more :)

Also as said above by Greebo if you use an older spyder with alternate software such as DisplayCal you will be surprised.

Even the x-rite i1 display pro is held back by it's own software.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom