Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Just back from a poo walk with my cat, got me to thinking, how many of you take your cat on a walk? I don't use a lead he just runs, walks, prowls and pounces alongside me for a good mile or two. Always a good talking point for any ramblers I meet along the way! "there goes that crazy guy walking his cat again..."

https://www.theguardian.com/childre...19/jackie-morris-cat-walk-cutest-cats-gallery

She'd take the dog for a walk and 3 or 4 cats would come along too. Sometimes for miles. Some of the other astonished walkers comments are priceless. "But... but... they're cats!" Another one pointed to the "dogs should be kept on a lead" sign to which she replied "they're cats." :)

Soldato
Tigger last night with his latest delivery.

dppIr5Bq_C7ekLeXoGda7qX4rIMMKT8C1dePyK2zcUj2fPtRVW0kvwg2vsRR8mRk2--fG1oK_TxtQWOwS11kpM8OtGBTivta5tgF2EyYa-s5mCDaHV7Ua3x70mZoiODtSUcqYdfRonYUsH5teSiP75UaC1zeFwf5Qj-rBnkkMbQalqmNLkSrweWj5RXNz4gi9T8WhYeo8yOL18QndunlfDierDuJebJb2Hml2RAq6OP77ksVmXgE1j567NuEfCOrFgX73BVEj9JlHqrMEuv4D5vWYVedoicO55i30bUuW9M0PqQebN4DZutMDTHo6KYLynNQi4ksfxnLCP5HU8HpVQhNf_AmJUnMU_6coSZHEoiQFEnKN3iV2_Jb7FP47R568de9YsmkagZNSAgdVjNfH1Di1l-_3RQbqqh86MhxJPv9PEGfs7W8q8NvxdqagRTbIvGdsZnJJq8AaDJSpnxL40YcfLeTC2Vz4A7SzN7HqMfaWmwJLozR_w3AsLM4hniGXkinsMh_1Z1hg_nxTKovON-8xx0zn1CQ78q_77NrUpLwDIcGVz8kI7sCXwe88Y8qmFWVMjgRA-QS-mR3_dOB84rQRjKsK5zepCB1HKcFKH_giW6AAdYA=w1240-h930-no

Don
Hi guys,

What anti flea stuff do you give your cats, I have been using the three month stuff but it leaves my lad in a bad mood for days, his fur looks fairly awful for a few days and it puts him off his food. Are there any tablet based alternatives? for example he gets wormed every 3 months - due to him being a massive hunter- and that tablet just leaves him a bit stoned for half a day.

cheers in advance for any help :)

Soldato
I use Advantage which is a monthly treatment. I would stay away from Dr Martin's and Frontline the former because I have heard of pretty nasty side effects and Frontline because fleas are pretty immune to it.

Don
I use Advantage which is a monthly treatment. I would stay away from Dr Martin's and Frontline the former because I have heard of pretty nasty side effects and Frontline because fleas are pretty immune to it.

Sorry I should have said, I used to use the advantage monthly stuff but it basically gave him the same few days of grogginess and it almost seems like he is in pain when I put it on his fur, just wondered if there was an oral alternative, I've had a google but that brings up mixed results. So of course, to OCUK!

Soldato
Sorry I should have said, I used to use the advantage monthly stuff but it basically gave him the same few days of grogginess and it almost seems like he is in pain when I put it on his fur, just wondered if there was an oral alternative, I've had a google but that brings up mixed results. So of course, to OCUK!

I have been doing a bit of research as I am looking for something other than Advantage as my Millie has really thick long hair and I felt that the treatment was/is not being applied as it should.

I asked on a FB group I belong to and I have three suggestions worth looking into. You will need to compare the active ingredient as this will be what is causing the issues, no point in getting another treatment with the same active ingredient. some of the below are prescription only but once you have prescription I would buy online to save money in comparison to what a vet will charge.

Vectra Felis Spot-On Solution for Cats
Comfortis which is a tablet
Stronghold for cats.

Don
Cheers pal, as I get the three monthly treatment from the vet does that mean I have a generic prescription? Or would I have to get each of those variants from the vets and then assuming he tolerates it buy it online?

cheers again :)

Soldato
Cheers pal, as I get the three monthly treatment from the vet does that mean I have a generic prescription? Or would I have to get each of those variants from the vets and then assuming he tolerates it buy it online?

cheers again :)

Not sure how it works mate as I usually buy online (Advantage) which can be nearly half the price of my vet but it is not a prescription treatment anyway. My Millie is due a visit for her booster next month so I will be asking him about alternative treatments. But I would imagine that you would need a prescription for each rather than a generic prescription, to be honest not really sure what is meant by that.

Soldato
Let me know what you decide on and how your beast gets on with it.
I believe that there is also an anti flea injection which I will also mention to the vet, but I suspect that would cost the price of selling your first born.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What is it with my cat's - neither of them are interested in boxes - Holly will have a quick look and Ronnie just tips up his nose and walks past them.
Bella won't get inside any box (and in fact regards them with extreme suspicion), but she *loves* tunnels. You'd have to ask her what the difference is, but boxes:bad, tunnels:brilliant.

Associate
So tomorrow I will be taking my partner to a number of RSPCA Animal centres to look for another cat (or two). Has anyone gone through the homing process with RSPCA before? What should we expect?

Associate
So tomorrow I will be taking my partner to a number of RSPCA Animal centres to look for another cat (or two). Has anyone gone through the homing process with RSPCA before? What should we expect?

Go in with preconceived ideas of what you want. Meet cats. All ideas go out the window. Choose the one who jumps all over you. They just checked Google maps to ensure i didn't live near a main road, in which case a home visit would have been nesesary. Go back a few days later to pay and collect.

Back
Top Bottom