Moto G 5th Generation

Associate
Damn, if I wanted the 5 inch one they would have released the Plus first and the other in April :D Always the way hey.
CPW says 4th April on the Plus and £249.99

Soldato
Doh, just ordered the HOnor 8 at £320. From what I can see, the G5 plus is virtually the same for a lot less. Hmmm...think I won't open the Honor 8 and wait a week or two for the G5plus to come out, and see what reviews say about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
CPW version for the G5 Plus is only 2GB RAM. Guess they are hoping people don't spot that...

Where will the other version be available or is it another case of a phone manufacturer seeing retailer exclusivity as a great tool even though the retailer with exclusivity is only interested in offering the model with the worst spec but higher margin?

Soldato
Where will the other version be available or is it another case of a phone manufacturer seeing retailer exclusivity as a great tool even though the retailer with exclusivity is only interested in offering the model with the worst spec but higher margin?
No idea to be honest. Would like to know.

I'm wondering if they are just exclusive for the poor spec version?

Caporegime
OP
CPW version for the G5 Plus is only 2GB RAM. Guess they are hoping people don't spot that...
No idea to be honest. Would like to know.

I'm wondering if they are just exclusive for the poor spec version?

i don't think they will release the 4GB version here. it's so stupid. plus how much would they want for it? £300? at that price your better off going for a one plus 3t.

the 3GB version from amazon for £180 is the best version to get unless you have relatives in North America.

Soldato
I've been using the phone (Moto G5 3GB) over the weekend. I prefer the size over the G4. More comfortable to use in one hand. Shipped with a terrible wallpaper, but that was easily changed. Using the touch sensor for navigation is really nifty. I used to have trouble with Fitness Buddy crashing when switching between apps (on LG G4 and Moto G4), but it doesn't appear to happen on the Moto G5.

So far, really pleased.

Soldato
Due an upgrade/new phone in a few months - certainly not going to get into the whole £500/600/700 Samsung8/ihpone8 nonsense.

This looks ideal. Will keep an eye out for this as.

Back
Top Bottom