• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3/SC2 iCX Preorder 3.28.2017

Associate
I know there used to be a ban on talking about competitors so not sure what happened to that.

Just my view but It's a bit cheeky posting that you have bought direct as you can't wait for the pre-orders to be available from ocuk, especially on a forum hosted and paid for by ocuk.

I also think it's a bit out of order EVGA not allowing ocuk put their pre-orders up and posting on here. Almost like they are trying to cut out the middleman for a couple of weeks.

OcUK Staff
I know there used to be a ban on talking about competitors so not sure what happened to that.

Just my view but It's a bit cheeky posting that you have bought direct as you can't wait for the pre-orders to be available from ocuk, especially on a forum hosted and paid for by ocuk.

I also think it's a bit out of order EVGA not allowing ocuk put their pre-orders up and posting on here. Almost like they are trying to cut out the middleman for a couple of weeks.

That is of course what they are doing, but we have a good relationship with EVGA so on the odd occasion we have no issue with their strategy on this one, I personally feel they are limiting their potential doing it this way because regular shop visitors see the other brands and no EVGA and then buy another brand. But happy for EVGA to do things how they are on this occasion, it is however no different to what NVIDIA have done, only difference being EVGA have good CS, whereas NVIDIA, well no comment. ;)
But they best not do it to regular otherwise they will be treated as a competitor. ;)

Associate
Stop making crap up or you will be gone (banned from forum), FTW3 is £768 delivered from EVGA, there is not a single FE card on OcUK which cost that, they are from £699 up. :)
evga 1080ti fe on oc uk £749 ive preordered 1080ti ftw3 for 738 with free shipping so what you on about ? You will ban me for speaking out truth ? go on then.

OcUK Staff
evga 1080ti fe on oc uk £739 ive preordered 1080ti ftw3 for 738 with free shipping so what you on about ? You will ban me for speaking out truth ? go on then.

They are £699 on OcUK, you were not specifically mentioning EVGA FE in the post I quoted, if you did then I would not be quoting your post.
Others have being paying £768 on FTW3, so you must have got lucky with exchange rate offered by cc/paypal company compared to others, so well done.

I do not mind people mentioning prices of partners who we work with like NVIDIA and EVGA when its in discussion and not blatantly coming here to advertise competitors, its our forum, our rules, so please follow them.

Associate
oc uk pricing will be around 849 mark ^.^
To be fair ocuk pricing has been highly erratic on these cards. The seahawk was £829 originally now its gone up to £900. And this is for a pre-order item. Don't think I've ever seen such a crazy leap in price for an item that isn't even in stock.

OcUK Staff
To be fair ocuk pricing has been highly erratic on these cards. The seahawk was £829 originally now its gone up to £900. And this is for a pre-order item. Don't think I've ever seen such a crazy leap in price for an item that isn't even in stock.

It's being done to slow pre-orders, we have no ETA from MSI and as such the best way to slow the order, hike the price as removing product is never an option.

But as from launches from last few generations pre-order prices have always being best prices in short term until stock is free flowing at which point deals happen and normally prices get back to pre-order levels or better. :)

I hope by May/June 1080Ti shall be plentiful supply and plenty of deals shall be being done including custom cards around £700 mark area, maybe lower on some of the blower design stuff as I will always push to do a very nice deal, just like the £450 1080 deal were currently running and have run. :)

Associate
They are £699 on OcUK, you were not specifically mentioning EVGA FE in the post I quoted, if you did then I would not be quoting your post.
Others have being paying £768 on FTW3, so you must have got lucky with exchange rate offered by cc/paypal company compared to others, so well done.

I do not mind people mentioning prices of partners who we work with like NVIDIA and EVGA when its in discussion and not blatantly coming here to advertise competitors, its our forum, our rules, so please follow them.
I shall from now on

Soldato
gibbo, i have 2x watercooled gigabyte 1080ti fe cards getting ready to be shipped out..........
if i was to change my mind could you change the order for 2x ftw3 evga cards ? it would probably be cheaper for me as well lol

OcUK Staff
gibbo, i have 2x watercooled gigabyte 1080ti fe cards getting ready to be shipped out..........
if i was to change my mind could you change the order for 2x ftw3 evga cards ? it would probably be cheaper for me as well lol

We can do anything, but you need to post in CS or call sales/CS to alter an order buddy. :)

OcUK Staff
Yeah mate but i dont know what to do as the FTW3`s cant be preordered yet from you guys hahah

I suspect 1080Ti shall be just like 1080, power phases, more power will do little to nothing for OC and if your adding blocks anyway, its just best to get FE cards. :)

Soldato
I suspect 1080Ti shall be just like 1080, power phases, more power will do little to nothing for OC and if your adding blocks anyway, its just best to get FE cards. :)

You might be right then :D though i was hoping the FTW3 cards would have higther oc potential due to better power phases and 8 pins hence the reason why to change to them hahah :)

Back
Top Bottom