**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Guy on the online chat, absolutely rude as hell, said the best he can do was £50.99 per month, £200 upfront with 2GB of data. Which is actually worse than those listed on the website haha.

Soldato
I'll be calling three and cpw once I'm back in the UK. Hopefully I can get to a £30-40 monthly cost with 100 or so upfront with 4gb of data. Coming from a z3c I think I'll go for it, but that depends heavily on whether a non crazy price is doable.

Soldato
Guy on the online chat, absolutely rude as hell, said the best he can do was £50.99 per month, £200 upfront with 2GB of data. Which is actually worse than those listed on the website haha.

Typical!

There are much better deals out there through CPW on Vodafone such as the 24GB of Data one for £42p/m, you get a free Wireless Samsung Speaker worth £99 and then add some cashback onto that and you're laughing compared to that!

Associate

Call and speak to retensions, they can do much better.

Associate
How is £50 a month acceptable for you guys? :( I got my S6 2 years ago not long after launch for £28.80 on a Unl Calls/texts with 8gb data 24 month contract. Vodafone says my upgrade is ready in 2 days and there aint no way in hell I'd accept paying £50+ p/m for an upgraded phone near launch.

Permabanned
OP
How is £50 a month acceptable for you guys? :( I got my S6 2 years ago not long after launch for £28.80 on a Unl Calls/texts with 8gb data 24 month contract. Vodafone says my upgrade is ready in 2 days and there aint no way in hell I'd accept paying £50+ p/m for an upgraded phone near launch.

when you have been tolerating a z3 with a cracked screen and rear panel, where the memory card keeps popping out... your throat widens so you can swollow the giant **** Samsung wants to put in it.

I will be speaking with EE retentions, and I'm hoping to get around 38, that's what I was offered with the note 7

TS7

TS7

Soldato

The base price of the phone is now few hundred quid more and couple that in with it being launch its about right.

Buying the phone outright and getting a decent sim only is the way to go to save money

Associate
The base price of the phone is now few hundred quid more and couple that in with it being launch its about right.

Buying the phone outright and getting a decent sim only is the way to go to save money
Base price of my 64gb S6 at launch was £539 and the S8+ pre-order price is £689. A base price of £150 more at £22 extra per month is still way too much.

Soldato
Pre ordered currently owning an s7 edge. Battery has been on the decline for quite sometime now. Degradation and nougat haven't helped. Can still get £280-300 for the edge on the recycle sites.

So sim free all in cost is £389ish. Reasonable for me. Taking phones on £49.99 a month on 24 month deals is a thing of the past

Soldato
Think I'm going to try and get into a sim only deal and buy outright.

Just trying to investigate how mobiles.co.uk cashback works (got another thread for that if anyone has used them!)

Caporegime
Pre ordered currently owning an s7 edge. Battery has been on the decline for quite sometime now. Degradation and nougat haven't helped. Can still get £280-300 for the edge on the recycle sites.

So sim free all in cost is £389ish. Reasonable for me. Taking phones on £49.99 a month on 24 month deals is a thing of the past

As above, not getting this as it's a side grade for my purposes. But yeah my battery had taken a hit with 7.0..i don't think I've ever had a phone get better with OS full version update. Last time I do it

Soldato
The 2 things that would have made this perfect for me are 6GB of ram and a better camera. Pretty big upgrade from my Note 4 though so I think Ill probably go for the S8+.

Back
Top Bottom