*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Don
Soldato
I'm running a USG Pro (and right now I'm wishing I wasn't) and I can't get the DHCP pool to change. It's currently set to 192.168.1.6 - 192.168.1.254 and no matter what I do I can't change it.

Can anyone give me a clue what to do? The Ubiquiti forums have plenty of people asking the question, but there don't seem to be any real resolutions for how you make the fixed IP pool bigger.

Soldato
Not a direct answer, but as a work around could you not set DHCP reservations against the IPs you want to use as static addresses?

For most things I prefer DHCP reservations anyway.

Soldato
Not a direct answer, but as a work around could you not set DHCP reservations against the IPs you want to use as static addresses?

For most things I prefer DHCP reservations anyway.

It looks like the GUI has a bug so I've done my homework on the SSH commands and I'm PuTTY'd up so if I don't come back for some time you know something serious went wrong :)

Soldato
I have to apologise (a little) to Ubiquiti as the DHCP range can be set from the GUI, you just need to set the DNS server to manual and enter an IP address lease duration then it will accept the change.

But I only found that out after I learned all about PuTTy and SSHing into the CLI interface. Ultimately it's all great stuff and I have learned a lot about layers etc. It does take up huge amounts of time to get it sorted though.

The next battle is in 2 weeks when I deploy my new QNAP TS-1279U-RP NAS with the Yay! US-16-XG (that's the bargain of the century compared to Netgear) and I have to LAG 4 10Gb ports together.l I'm currently drowning in SFP+ bits. More learning!

Associate
Had a small issue last night - internet kept dropping out intermittently - on the controller dashboard the latency and speed dial was orange, at first I thought it was a isp issue, as a last resport i rebooted the USG which sorted the problem

Is there anyway to get any detailed logs or diagnostics off the USG ?

Thoughts appreciated

Phil G

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
That's odd. I had the exact same issue. Rebooted my AP. Rebooted my Openreach modem and then finally the Edgerouter and it was fine. Only the WAN though, internal fine.

Soldato
Are we ever going to get pretty graphs with the ERL-L?

Why would you want them? Isn't the whole point of the Unifi range to be the offsite support option? So you can log in and the red/amber/green status graphs show you straight away if anything isn't right. If something isn't right, then you click on the amber or red disc and that takes you to the affected device.

If you're using Edge stuff you are expected to be able to see the lights on the front of the box to see what's wrong with it.

I think that's how they have designed the system.

Don
Are we ever going to get pretty graphs with the ERL-L?
They are making this..

https://unms-demo.ubnt.com

It's called unms, you can get it if you sign up to the beta on their forums.

RoadMap

Spring 2017 (beta) - EdgeRouter and EdgePoint Support (excluding EP-S16)

Summer 2017 (v1) - UFiber GPON, EdgeSwitch (including EP-S16) and UMobile Support

Fall 2017 (v2) - UCRM, airControl and UniFi Integration

http://www.ubnt.com/beta it unlocks all beta forum access

Soldato
I'm thinking of picking up either a 16 port unifi switch or an 8 port can't quite decide. Just have a few questions if someone doesn't mind helping me out.

1. If I buy a 16 port switch what's the best way of linking them to another one should I need one later down the line. Do they have link ports? I see the USG only has 1 port for the LAN so just the one switch can connect directly to it.

2. I have 3 POE cameras currently connected to a TP Link POE switch, do the 8/16 port switches support POE out the box or would I need to buy and injector for them?

Cheers guys

Soldato
1. If I buy a 16 port switch what's the best way of linking them to another one should I need one later down the line. Do they have link ports? I see the USG only has 1 port for the LAN so just the one switch can connect directly to it.

You can just daisy-chain off a free port. Mine seem to work fine without any further configuration. If you want to use the TP-Link switch as well you may need to disable Spanning Tree Protocol on both devices. I did but you may not have to. You could also use a DAC cable and the SFP ports if you wanted.

2. I have 3 POE cameras currently connected to a TP Link POE switch, do the 8/16 port switches support POE out the box or would I need to buy and injector for them?

They support PoE out of the box but you may need to turn it on. Certainly you need to turn on the 24V Passive option.

Soldato
Guys my WiFi is unreliable and looking to get a Ubiquiti AP - my pc is hardwired so is mainly for the other half to stream netflix etc.

There's a few seconds hand ones knocking around; would these do the job or should I be looking at the lite Ac models? On cable (75mb) and have fairly thick walls living in a Victorian property. Would like to get it as cheaply as possible :D

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom