Advice with eBay drama !

Associate
Ok, so basically I recently bid on an item and surprisingly won with a very low bid.

I sent a message to the seller letting him know that I was willing to bung him a bit more cash as a good will gesture providing the item arrived safetly and was as described.

On receipt of the item, I found some damage that wasn't included in the description, and also found that it needs servicing and calibrating, which is going to cost me time and money.

I let the seller know that unfortunately the extra money I offered to send him would now have to be spent on repairs and servicing.

He is now demanding more money and threatening solicitors unless I either return the item or give him an extra 50 quid (the item sold for £30).

He's obviously realised that the item was worth more and didn't want it to go for the final sale price.

I'm fairly sure that the sale and auction is a binding contract within eBay,I paid the invoice, he sent the item, done.

However I just wanted some advice on here to make sure I'm in the right and he doesn't have a leg to stand on in regards to solicitors etc

Soldato
Tell him to take a hike. The price it sold for is the price it sold for. No infact don't do that. Don't reply at all report all and any offensive posts direct to eBay. The price you paid is the price you paid. Any attempt to get more money out of you will be regarded as extortion and should be reported as such.

Either way don't get stressed out over it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
He already sent it, I've got it right now.

He's saying I owe him the money that I offered (as a goodwill gesture) and until I pay it the item isn't mine.

He either wants me to return the item to him, where he will refund me in full, or send him more money to keep it and avoid his solicitor.

I know it's all ********, but just wanted reassurance that he doesn't have a leg to stand on legally.

Associate
OP
I offered more money in the first place because it's apparently a family heirloom and I felt a bit bad for winning it at such a low price.
I was willing to pay more for it if it was in good condition.

To be honest it was at least half a carrot on a stick move to make sure he followed through with the sale too.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Lol he's willing to spend 160+vat or more on a solicitor to get what 30 or quid more! I had one letter wrote by my solicitor and it cost me £250.

Back
Top Bottom