The best travel insurance

Soldato
I have always gone with the Post office for travel insurance but I wanted other people opinions on what they use.

Will be traveling to Vietnam for 3 weeks my second time there this time going to be a big adventure. So I want to make sure that I am covered correctly for the trip and secondly if I need to claim I wont be mucked about.

Associate
Same as for home or car insurance, if you want to have a policy where everything is 5 star and done for you, then you'll pay for it.

Decide what level of cover you're prepared to pay for. For our trip to Vietnam we simply used the free international travel cover provided by our bank - it covered all the activities we were likely to do and had decent hospitalisation/repatriation cover.

Soldato
We used Virgin Holidays own silver insurance again.

Seems to cover everything, and is tied into the holiday. I plan to go diving and i think one of the wrecks is around 35m deep so i made sure to pick the policy that allowed a max of 40m diving (if with a qualified instructor).

Soldato
Think I paid about £12 for my trip to NYC last year, covered everything I needed plus the little bonus of knowing that if the aircraft was hijacked, I would get a pay out for every day I'm held hostage.

Soldato
My last policy was with holidysafe

Cheap, and cheerful. Normally they don't go together, and the website looks terrible, but they had no problems paying out when my gf had to visit the hospital in Bolivia. Would happily use them again, even though the only reason I chose them in the first place is because they cover riding motorcycle abroad as standard.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for info guys it not free with my account unfortunately you get it free with HSBC premier account.

Had a look at that holidaysafe although initially cheap adding the activitys that Post Office has standard works out similar cost.

Back
Top Bottom