Xbox Scorpio

Soldato
stplwqj3f0vv8q8crasy.png

Soldato
Specs look OK, I buy all consoles so I'd get one anyway. But it means nothing without some games and support and I can't see that anyone would jump ship from PS for it.

However if it means the next Forza will be 4k then that's fine by me :)

Soldato
Going off those specs, whats a comparable gaming PC?

I was going to get a 1600X next week with 16GB of RAM to go with my existing 1440P monitor and Fury (Upgrade to Vega) But that's anywhere between £700 to £1000 for 1440P however with the Xbox I'll need a 4K TV. So close to Ryzen R5 release and thought my mind was made up but the xbox spec is very interesting

Soldato
Looks interesting, especially that fact it'll run all existing games without patches at 1080p supersampled.

Still, lack of exclusives makes it unlikely I'd buy when I have a PS4 already. Would like to play Halo again, and Cuphead looks good but not really compelling.

Soldato
Exclusives do seem to factor in, Sony have got some great games lined up this year which will help them shift a number of units before this machine hits the shelves. But its still got an impressive spec on paper, and Forza 7 should really look good on this. I'd be interested in getting one for that alone lol

Caporegime
I was getting quite excited about the 360 games but they're still going to run at 720p30 or 720p60. I thought MS might have done some technical wizardry to get all those at least 1080p.

Associate
Yes it will have HDMI 2.1 and can output 8K @ 120hz to your 8K tv which does not exist.:p

It will no doubt feature the same 2.0 specification as the xbox one S

you're missing the point, hdmi 2.1 does the following

• Higher Video Resolutions support a range of higher resolutions and faster refresh rates including 8K60Hz and 4K120Hz for immersive viewing and smooth fast-action detail.
  • Dynamic HDR ensures every moment of a video is displayed at its ideal values for depth, detail, brightness, contrast, and wider colour gamuts—on a scene-by-scene or even a frame-by-frame basis.
  • 48G cables enable up to 48Gbps bandwidth for uncompressed HDMI 2.1 feature support including 8K video with HDR. The cable is backwards compatible with earlier versions of the HDMI Specification and can be used with existing HDMI devices.
  • eARC supports the most advanced audio formats such as object-based audio, and enables advanced audio signal control capabilities including device auto-detect.
  • Game Mode VRR features variable refresh rate, which enables a 3D graphics processor to display the image at the moment it is rendered for more fluid and better detailed gameplay, and for reducing or eliminating lag, stutter, and frame tearing.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/hdmi-21-just-made-buying-that-new-4k-tv-even-trickier

Dynamic HDR and VVR, will be massive game changer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom