Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Man of Honour
Haha I hate turtle players .. mind you i haven't played ranked in a while. But with my silver Alex I alwYs struggle getting in at the silver ryu's/guile's who just hold up back then throw fireballs

Fireballs were ten times better in SFIV so be glad you're not playing that game!

Soldato
Haha I hate turtle players .. mind you i haven't played ranked in a while. But with my silver Alex I alwYs struggle getting in at the silver ryu's/guile's who just hold up back then throw fireballs
my best advise would be alex is garbage so dont play him. anyway, you can cancel out the fireball with your chop while holding down the charge for neither the ex elbow, stomp or headbutt. ex chop is also a great move against fireball mid-close range. if you mix that up with jumps, block and superman dive its actually quite hard to predict and zone him out.

Man of Honour
my best advise would be alex is garbage so dont play him. anyway, you can cancel out the fireball with your chop while holding down the charge for neither the ex elbow, stomp or headbutt. ex chop is also a great move against fireball mid-close range. if you mix that up with jumps, block and superman dive its actually quite hard to predict and zone him out.

He's great!

The balance in SFV is better than any other fighting game so unless you're in the upper echelon of pro players any character is viable.

Soldato
I tend to agree, though there are some bad match ups which emphasise the gap even at my level (in my opinion). There's no way a Gold or lower player is maximising potential of a character to have the tiers overly affect the game. However, someone like Balrog can totally steam roller you if you aren't aware of when your turn is and what's safe etc.

Soldato
My brother is an Alex player and I find it a very hard fight for Laura though I know it shouldn't be. Our fights have somewhat devolved into his inability to keep me off him because his anti-airs aren't great and who pops trigger first.

New content - another Chun skin? For work? Isn't she a cop and has that outfit? I'll end up buying the Ryu and Alex ones because they're used characters at least. Thailand stage is good.

Associate
Following the tournament scene for Street Fighter is entertaining. This guy Punk is dominating at the moment, he talks a lot of trash but in a light hearted way.

Just won a $150,000 tournament.

Soldato
I'm still big into SFV. I see the problems people have with it, but I much prefer it to the alternatives, no matter how much I try. Some of the games over this weekend have been brilliant to watch.

Associate
I'm still big into SFV. I see the problems people have with it, but I much prefer it to the alternatives, no matter how much I try. Some of the games over this weekend have been brilliant to watch.
I agree with this. The lack of tournaments over this past weekend alone were awful... E-League, Redbull Kumite, Combo Breaker. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OK so I'm making a conscious effort to firstly get better at the game and pick up a main. So far been using just Rashid, I can get by mostly. Thing is I find him boring, are there any good tutorials with extensive input instructions so I can get out things like whirlwind fireball into roll etc....

Man of Honour
OK so I'm making a conscious effort to firstly get better at the game and pick up a main. So far been using just Rashid, I can get by mostly. Thing is I find him boring, are there any good tutorials with extensive input instructions so I can get out things like whirlwind fireball into roll etc....

All the characters are boring as the game is very simple compared to past iterations. There are no difficult convoluted combos to learn in V.

Soldato
Try the Rashid Discord group, probably quite a lot of tech on there. Don't know the link but a quick Google should help.

What rank are you at the mo elrasho?

Back
Top Bottom