BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
My mate has a 2010 635D in black. He wants to get his wheels refurbed and go darker than the standard silver. Any suggestions?

He is leaning towards this Porsche Agate Grey

e0fc78a21c1aa4f8ae9df5a4d6a2ffe9.jpg

Soldato
I've never once used hill holder in any vehicle that's had it. It would be crazy to not buy an otherwise awesome car just because it didn't have hill holder :confused:

Soldato
I've never once used hill holder in any vehicle that's had it. It would be crazy to not buy an otherwise awesome car just because it didn't have hill holder :confused:

You do know it happens naturally right? It's not something you use or don't use in a BMW. The minute you are on a hill and you take your foot off the brake and move it to the accelerator, hill hold is working.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Any auto, even one from the 1950's, will hold on a hill? Natural TC creep takes care of that :confused: Do you guys mean Auto Hold?

Man of Honour
Any auto, even one from the 1950's, will hold on a hill? Natural TC creep takes care of that :confused: Do you guys mean Auto Hold?

The ZF8HP will not hold on a steep hill and creeps backwards after the hill hold releases. It's not the auto hold function, it's another feature that keeps the brake on for a few seconds after you release the foot brake.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The SMG in my M5 could have done with this, although it is no big deal really and shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The ZF8HP will not hold on a steep hill and creeps backwards after the hill hold releases. It's not the auto hold function, it's another feature that keeps the brake on for a few seconds after you release the foot brake.

Never experienced that, cool :) Certainly the older BMW (ZF) boxes used to hold pretty well. Perhaps the drive for efficiency (i guess excessive creep is inefficient) has necessitated this new feature.

Soldato
Quick opinion please guys, does £12,995 seem like a good price for a 2012 5 door, manual 118i Sport with only 7k miles? Test drove it today but I'm struggling to see if I can get something newer for a similar price. I've always had Japanese cars so any advice is very much appreciated.

Soldato
Quick opinion please guys, does £12,995 seem like a good price for a 2012 5 door, manual 118i Sport with only 7k miles? Test drove it today but I'm struggling to see if I can get something newer for a similar price. I've always had Japanese cars so any advice is very much appreciated.

5 years old, 7000 miles....? Hmm... Can't help with the price but would be interested to know more about the mileage. Literally used to go around the corner and back to buy a paper..?

Back
Top Bottom