Home Telephones

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi all,

I don't know if there's a way around this but thought I'd ask anyway. I run my own business and work from home from an office at the back of the house.

Unfortunately there is just the one telephone socket which is located in the hall way at the front of the house.

What I'm after is a decent telephone with a base station I can use in my office room as obviously the base station in the hall way would be no use to me and at present I've got a simple twin handset system where the base is in the hall way.

Thanks for any advice!

Soldato
Can you run an extension along the skirting attached using those sticky pads and/or under the carpet? This is what I did at may parents house so that the base station was in a central location.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Can you run an extension along the skirting attached using those sticky pads and/or under the carpet? This is what I did at may parents house so that the base station was in a central location.

you mean investing in a really long rj11 cable ? I can't really do that either as the office room is a conservatory with double glazed doors from the house.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Cant you use those telephone power-line style extenders? or am i missing the point of the question.

no the base station has to be connected to the telephone socket (which is in the hall way so the features on it would be useless) and the extension phones just have a simple base. Just wondering if there's a way around it so I can have the base station in my room.

Only thing I can think of is having to buy two base stations if that would work?

Man of Honour
I use a wireless phone pack. It has a main base station that plugs into the socket and has a wireless handset. There is a secondary base station with it's own wireless handset. The secondary base station connects to the primary base station wirelessly too.

I think it's an older version of this:

https://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic...uXi2Lq2Gkgara17DaCfA6xoCgMzw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

My primary base station is in the bedroom and the secondary base station is in the kitchen downstairs.

Soldato
I have this problem too and can't wait until they invent some kind of battery operated phone that can be used anywhere. They can call it a mobile phone.

Soldato
Why not invest in a VOIP solution? Providers such as 8x8 run relatively cheap set ups and you can rent a number off them? (I only say the one provider as I have experience of them)

Man of Honour
I just have a BT 4 pack of some kind - something like the 8610 - works fine with the base station in the front left corner of my house and my office in the back right.
Wifi signal from the router in the same location is crap.

Back
Top Bottom