BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
So my E60 LCi 530d had the hold function (no special button to press or anything), just release foot from brake and you had circa 3 seconds I think before it would let go and start to roll back. The M5 kind of has it too, but not as great and actually tends to pull you up the hill rather than hold or release back down. I guess that's down to the immense supercar beating BHP and Torque :D

Soldato
Yup even my E86 has hill hold! I'd be surprised if newer cars didn't unless it was something expensive to add due to some gearbox gimmick? I honestly have no idea why it would be standard on newer cars.

Associate
There was no M Sport or Sport model of the original prefacelift Z4 and there isn't an M Sport kit for any E85.

The alternative was the dealer fit Aero kit.

Apologies, didn't even realise the body kit was an option

Sports seats and M sport suspension is the correct wording, I believe? I'm not sure if the standard seats were called sports and the upgraded ones M-Sport, but its the upgraded ones either way with deeper bolsters.

Man of Honour
The suspension is standard on the 3.0i, so it's the Sport Seats that are the option - though a very rare one so you've done well to find them.

Associate
Aha, yes that does sound familiar.

In terms of options according to the factory list: (well the interesting ones)
HiFi System Professional DSP
Xenon Light
M Sports seats
Multifunction f steering wheel
Cruise Control

I did find it quite odd that cruise and multifunction steering wheel were an option on these cars, and a large number seem to be missing them.

Associate
I get that they're designed as a sports car more than a general a-b motor, so cruise might not be on a drivers "must have" list, but surely it would have been a tiny cost to include?

More so on the E89, which is much more refined I believe? (Can't say I know much about them!)

Soldato
Aha, yes that does sound familiar.

In terms of options according to the factory list: (well the interesting ones)
HiFi System Professional DSP
Xenon Light
M Sports seats
Multifunction f steering wheel
Cruise Control

I did find it quite odd that cruise and multifunction steering wheel were an option on these cars, and a large number seem to be missing them.
Good stuff! I have the same options plus the M Sport wheel.

Associate
Good stuff! I have the same options plus the M Sport wheel.

Already been in contact with Jack at Royal Steering Wheels and have a quote for a replacement with extra padding to come close enough to the M Sport wheel, it'll be a couple of mm thinner but a lot cheaper than trying to source a good quality M Sport wheel, and fresh new leather!

Associate
Hi All,

Just joined the BMW club...having been an Audi owner for 3 cars

Appreciatenate any pointers or advice from other owners of anything I should be looking out for etc.

Car has 5 year service plan also included and due to Dec registration £180/year tax.
  • Electric Front seats with driver memory
  • American Oak interior trim
  • Heated rear seats
  • Instrument panel with leather finish
  • Heated front seats
  • 20" M Double spoke 469 Alloys
  • Driver and passenger lumbar support
  • High beam assistant
  • heads up display
  • cold weather package
  • heated steering wheel
  • Harman Kardon sound system
  • Soft close doors
  • third row seating
  • Sun protection glass
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Digital Display
  • Electric Towbar
  • Speed limit display
  • Reversing assist camera
  • Surround view
  • Online/Apps
  • Telematics/connected subscription

Soldato
Already been in contact with Jack at Royal Steering Wheels and have a quote for a replacement with extra padding to come close enough to the M Sport wheel, it'll be a couple of mm thinner but a lot cheaper than trying to source a good quality M Sport wheel, and fresh new leather!
Everything I have seen from them looks fantastic.

Associate
So, my circumstances have changed and I will be driving to London and back at least twice a week from the midlands for work and I would like something a little more refined than my ASX.
I have approx £11k to spend and I would like a 5 series (I have already posted in this thread last year)
I have seen this on AT:-
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702072063342?advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&model=5 SERIES&postcode=de214pg&maximum-mileage=80000&make=BMW&fuel-type=Diesel&sort=price-desc&price-to=11000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&year-from=2011&page=1

What do you think?

Or there is this:-
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=BMW&page=2

Back
Top Bottom