Lucazade Orange change thier reciepe

Soldato
they have diet lucozade now. they were giving away free shots in my local asda as a promo.

so don't know why the need to change the full fat one tbh. unless it's for profits and to avoid sugar tax. however if less people buy due to taste it's reduced profits anyway.
Lucozade doesn't have fat in it.

Soldato
Googled it: apparently ALL Lucozades are going to be under 5g of sugar per 100ml. Lucozade Original was 8.7g/100ml, so that will be changing. Such a shame :(
Do you have any links? I can't imagine they'll actually change the original one because of its use for hypoglycaemia.

Soldato
Do you have any links? I can't imagine they'll actually change the original one because of its use for hypoglycaemia.
Their own website says "This applies to all flavours" (in bold)
https://www.lucozadeenergy.com/our-products/original/

And, on your hypoglycaemia thing, Daily Mail have you covered:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4390488/How-Lucozade-reducing-sugar-content-DEADLY.html
Crackdown on sugar in Lucozade could prove dangerous for diabetics, warn doctors
  • Sufferers of low blood sugar have long been advised to consume Lucozade
  • But the popular energy drink's formula was changed at the start of this month
  • This could leave those unaware at risk of death if they don't check the label
Lucozade Ribena Suntory (LRS), which manufactures the drinks, announced the 'game-changing' sugar reduction in November.

It said all of its brands, including Orangina and V Energy, will contain less than 4.5g of sugar per 100ml by 2018. They will be replaced with low calorie sweeteners.

At the time it also said all packaging will be changed to ensure the nutritional information can clearly be seen on the front.

The move means none of the brands will fall into the sugar tax category, which is set to come into effect in 2018.

A spokesperson for the company said: 'We strongly recommend that consumers check the back of the pack to find out the nutritional information.

'The decision to halve the sugar in our drinks is in response to the growing demand from consumers who now want healthier drinks.'

It added that diabetes organisations throughout the UK and Ireland and hospital trusts had been informed of the changes.

Soldato
as stupid as thinking you need to cut out fat in order to be healthy.

still plenty of people think less fat = healthy

fat in it's natural forms is actually pretty healthy. it's processed, hydrogenated fats which are bad.
Yes it is. I feel like you are assuming I think fat = bad.

Soldato
I've noticed lots of advertising for a sugar free lucazade and wondered why? The whole point of Lucazade was the sugar, so without it it's pointless

Back
Top Bottom