• Apple Watch 42mm Ceramic

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Apple Watch 42mm Nike+

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 89 47.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
This might have been asked 15,000x but why did you guys choose to go for the Series 2 over the Series 1? I understand the battery life and real life performance is near identical. Only difference I might find useful is the GPS for when I'm playing rugby. Even then, why would I need to know distance as steps probably work just as well.

Soldato
Picked up a Series 1 Space Grey for £250 and instantly regretting it. Hardly any of the iPhone apps I use have Apple Watch equivalents and I don't see the point in having apps like games or news on the Watch - it should be for things you need instantly. Google Maps is just text! I would need to use Apple Maps, which isn't the worst. Just not sure it is really worth the money.

Hoping Very accept it as a return...

Man of Honour
Brand new then you're unlikely to find it cheaper than from Apple themselves.

If you are active and go to the gym often then maybe look at the Vitality offers.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are active and go to the gym often then maybe look at the Vitality offers.

This is how I got mine. To get it super cheap (£100 for the 42mm alu) you need to earn 40 points per week, for 2 years. At the moment this is trivial as long as you're quite into exercise and go to Virgin Active (each gym visit is 5 points by itself). They're changing the points system soon though to be capped at 8 points per day which makes things a little more difficult. On top of that, the app that supposedly tracks your activity (via the watch mostly) and awards points is absolutely awful. It's one of the buggiest bits of software I've ever used.

Basically be careful if you decide to go down this route. I've so far paid no extra fees, but only because I walk the 3 miles each way to work every day and have my 40 points by Thursday.

Caporegime
So finally caved in and got the 42mm Nike + watch earlier today, should have it delivered to me tomo at some point.

Was umm'ing and ahh'ing about it the last few weeks but missus said just buy it. In the end she bought it for me as an early anniversary present lol.

Got the aluminium one, the SS versions were a bit too expensive.

Caporegime
So got my new 42mm Nike+ Apple Watch, very nice on the wrist.

Getting used to using it, think I've managed to work out most of the settings.

Although on my iPhone my messages are reading ok, I have about 4 messages but on my Apple Watch it's still showing 7 messages even though I've deleted the ones I don't want.

I'm obviously missing something but why is my Apple Watch showing 7 messages?? When my iPhone shows 4 :confused:

Soldato
So got my new 42mm Nike+ Apple Watch, very nice on the wrist.

Getting used to using it, think I've managed to work out most of the settings.

Although on my iPhone my messages are reading ok, I have about 4 messages but on my Apple Watch it's still showing 7 messages even though I've deleted the ones I don't want.

I'm obviously missing something but why is my Apple Watch showing 7 messages?? When my iPhone shows 4 :confused:

Yas, you've ditched the Priv?!

Caporegime
Yas, you've ditched the Priv?!
Nah never went for the priv, still got my passport though but it's just a glorified alarm clock. WhatsApp no longer works on it anymore as they have withdrawn support for it.

It's a shame that BB10 software was ditched :(.

The new keyone BB looks good so might get that but as much as I loathe apple, my issue is that majority of my family are all in the apple ecosystem. So for me to keep in touch with them, I had no choice but to go iPhone.

Apple Watch is pretty cool though, enjoying using it.

Associate
So I'm picking one these up tomorrow , what night time stand do I need? I was looking at this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0127F1IC4/

Also where is the best place to go for straps ?

Not sure if its too late, but I've got that stand for my series 2. Does the job, the charging cable fits in well, look good, but I think you need to stick it down (there is an adhesive base) - but you may never get it off your bedside table etc without damaging it. If you don't it'll slide around I think.

I suspect this is a problem with most of this type of stand.

Caporegime
So I'm picking one these up tomorrow , what night time stand do I need? I was looking at this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0127F1IC4/

Also where is the best place to go for straps ?
I've bought one from amazon the other day, looks nice but haven't received it.

Also bought a watch protector as well, need something to protect my 42mm Apple Watch as where I work, it will probably get scratched and dented to hell.

Commissario
I sent the Nike band back. Much as I liked it when I tried it on in the Apple store, it just didn't work for me. It was comfortable enough but I decided that it didn't actually suit me at all.

Back
Top Bottom