• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
I was sorely tempted but, as you say, the aesthetics didn't bite me. If it had an RGB Corsair logo then it would be a different story. :p
Yeah and I can see why, it's quite uninspiring. The issue is that while the Twin Frozrs are beautiful cards I'm not too excited about the temperatures I see on them which are around 65c compared to the Sea Hawk's <50c.

I guess I'll see, if I don't like the aesthetics that much I can return it for a Gaming X. :). Since I mostly play CPU-bound games I replaced my current 4930k with a 7700k, that should be a large improvement all on its own.

Soldato
Think we have reached that point where I am really not bothered overclocking (No longer benching) honestly the FE is fine if your just gaming. The card is so damn fast. Temps and noise are good too, no coil whine etc. Nvidia do make a solid REF card.

Soldato
Think we have reached that point where I am really not bothered overclocking (No longer benching) honestly the FE is fine if your just gaming. The card is so damn fast. Temps and noise are good too, no coil whine etc. Nvidia do make a solid REF card.
agreed, to be honest in some scenerios i find my 1080 FE is as quiet as my 1080Ti Aorus

Associate
I actually just cancelled my order and went for the Gaming X. I found that the Sea Hawk is on the reference PCB and the Gaming X temps are far better than my current anyway (1080 FE) so not really too interested in paying an extra £150 for what is a worse board and slightly better temps.

Associate
Yeah and I can see why, it's quite uninspiring. The issue is that while the Twin Frozrs are beautiful cards I'm not too excited about the temperatures I see on them which are around 65c compared to the Sea Hawk's <50c.

I guess I'll see, if I don't like the aesthetics that much I can return it for a Gaming X. :). Since I mostly play CPU-bound games I replaced my current 4930k with a 7700k, that should be a large improvement all on its own.

I know what you mean. I have a 1070 but it was struggling on my 3570K and 34" wide screen. Built a new rig based on a 7700K @ 5Ghz and the thing flies now in comparison. I didn't really need to upgrade but it's my birthday in May and I couldn't see anyone buying me an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde (which is the only other thing I want). So I bought a 1080ti and saved myself about £64K at the same time. If we only ever bought things that we need then the world would be a boring place. :D

Caporegime
I actually just cancelled my order and went for the Gaming X. I found that the Sea Hawk is on the reference PCB and the Gaming X temps are far better than my current anyway (1080 FE) so not really too interested in paying an extra £150 for what is a worse board and slightly better temps.

Good choice, the Ti Gaming X is a quality card :cool:

OcUK Staff
Does anyone know where OCUK got the STRIX card from in the Netherlands? Im attempting to claim the DOW 3 free game using the promotional code i was provided with by OCUK that came with my STRIX and OCUK is not in the list -

Dealer%20Dropdown_zpsb7tkprhg.png

Our stock came direct from Asus. So I really have no idea what your trying to do????

Soldato
Our stock came direct from Asus. So I really have no idea what your trying to do????

I have been provided with a code from Stig in your customer services. That code is linked to a page where you input personal details including where you bought it from. The available resellers in the GB list seem to be from the Denmark list....... I know, im as confused as you are @Gibbo

Last edited:
Soldato
I have been provided with a code from Stig in your customer services. That code is linked to the netherlands and then links to only the resellers in that list.... I know, im as confused as you are @Gibbo
OK i managed to get around that by putting in the code again. Now i am met with this drop down... Again OCUK is not there -

Associate
Glad to hear the Asus has no coil whine and they are clocking like champs. :)

Another 105pc are due mid/end next week which will clear all backorders and give us ample in free stock.
Gigabyte also just confirmed large shipment of Aorus and Aorus Extreme which are the fastest cards, also due end of next week.
Zotac also just shipped us loads of AMP and some more Extremes. :)

Any ideas when the date you will receive and send out the Zotac AE cards buddy? Or that anybody's guess at the moment

Soldato
Glad to hear the Asus has no coil whine and they are clocking like champs. :)

Another 105pc are due mid/end next week which will clear all backorders and give us ample in free stock.
Gigabyte also just confirmed large shipment of Aorus and Aorus Extreme which are the fastest cards, also due end of next week.
Zotac also just shipped us loads of AMP and some more Extremes. :)

Is there sufficient stock to cover the first 30 or so preordered of the Amp Extreme? I called last week and was told I should be getting one this Saturday providing there is stock.

Soldato
Ok so i think i worked out what is going wrong even though it doest help. You choose Great Briton as your country or origin it only gives you the shop options based in Denmark?! There must be an error with the ASUS promotion website.....

Associate
same mine comes saturday also, was waiting on OC but the wait continues and it was also cheaper and thy showed instock today i need it to finish someones vr machine.

so excited to see it running though, i have an msi 1080 currently
Nice one. Let me know what you think of it and how far you can push it when you get it :)

Associate
Its not poor components per say, they coiles just are not tight enough with electrical vibration and the TI´S EXTRA WATTS she sings like a cat :D
Send it back to OC, they have said they will replace if a card has excessive coil whine. See my earlier posts as predicted they would. #holing out for the MSI gaming

Associate
Is there any reason the extreme amp trumps the gaming x apart from out the box clock speeds? Think I'm going for the gaming x as have always preferred msi as a supplier. Had 290x in crossfire and currently 980ti in sli, all msi but time to give up the dual card game as it seems to be a dying art.

Back
Top Bottom