Patio Quote

Soldato
Hi guys,

Currently getting quotes together for having a patio laid. Wonder what people's opinions are on this price?
£1900
6x3 metres
Excavation
50mm sub base
Indian stone pavers on full bed of mortar.
Trimmed with cobble stones.
Gravel drainage channel.

I'm in the Leeds area btw. My feeling is that it's expensive btw, but my frame of reference is limited.

Cheers,

Associate
We just had two prices to relay an existing patio (about 12m x 3.5m). Reusing existing Indian pavers, taking it up, sorting out drainage issues underneath and relaying on a full bed with resin mortar. One price of about £3200 one of £2300! The later feels reasonable , and the guy gave me confidence he would do a good job (so did the first to be fair).

Your price seems ok in comparison. From my experience if you know your going to get a good job it's probably worth it. If someone is cutting corners (in our case using geofix mortar which crumbles like mad and not sorting existing loss slabs) you'll find out in a couple of years and will be spending more to fix.

We're between Sheffield and Leeds so same part for of the world.

Soldato
I put down a 20m2 patio a couple years back and it probably cost me about £900 in materials. The paving slabs themselves were £500, then MOT1, sand, mortar and whacker plate and skip hire too. It took a couple days to dig it out then took me and my dad another weekend to lay it. You're pretty much paying a grand extra for four days labour, although they'll probably be able to get it done quicker and get cheaper materials than I could.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the responses guys. I have another guy coming to quote tomorrow, which will be the third. The first came across as bandits to be honest. Didn't seem to know what they were talking about. The £1900 guy really did seem to know his stuff, and his example work is excellent. Guess I'll chew it over.

Cheers,

Soldato
I put down a 20m2 patio a couple years back and it probably cost me about £900 in materials. The paving slabs themselves were £500, then MOT1, sand, mortar and whacker plate and skip hire too. It took a couple days to dig it out then took me and my dad another weekend to lay it. You're pretty much paying a grand extra for four days labour, although they'll probably be able to get it done quicker and get cheaper materials than I could.

Based on the above, 1k labour for 2 men for 3/4 days seems reasonable tbh! Even before reading this I though it seemed an OK price. (I've not had it done before just read prices online)

Associate
Sounds about right when i did mine last year cost around £1000 for materials alone.That was around 16sq of Indian stone with a bed of around 150mm sub base all my own labour.So as the above have said not a bad price all in.

Soldato
Based on the above, 1k labour for 2 men for 3/4 days seems reasonable tbh! Even before reading this I though it seemed an OK price. (I've not had it done before just read prices online)

Think my post came across the wrong way, I was trying to imply it was reasonable.. I'd have paid £1k to save the ball ache!

Back
Top Bottom