• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Noise levels of GeForce 1080ti?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I'm upgrading my EVGA GeForce GTX 680 to a 1080ti but just curious of the fan noise of these cards?

I've seen the "founders edition" and "blower edition", not sure of the difference? Does one use cheaper components? Not to fussed bout price, but want to get the better quality, more importantly quieter model.

Any suggestions? Any help appreciated!

Ta

Soldato
Hey guys,

I'm upgrading my EVGA GeForce GTX 680 to a 1080ti but just curious of the fan noise of these cards?

I've seen the "founders edition" and "blower edition", not sure of the difference? Does one use cheaper components? Not to fussed bout price, but want to get the better quality, more importantly quieter model.

Any suggestions? Any help appreciated!

Ta

1) do you need card that blows outside the case?

2) reference/founders is made by NVidia own PCB design uses a metal design heat-sink

3) blower edition is cards made other manufacturers that also pushes air out the back of the card
they normally try to save cost by using Plastic casings & other components to keep cost down

4) both founders & blower style runs smaller Fans running at high RPM (2000+ in some cases) to force airs through the heatsink out the back of the card.

5) aftermarket cards has bigger fans running at lower RPM pumping the hot air inside of the case, normally larger & run cooler/slightly faster & can run quieter due to low RPM fans

Soldato
OP
Aftermarket cards you mention in point 5, are they not referred to as blower or founders in their name?

Not sure what you mean by blow outside the case? The card will sit in the PCIe in the middle of the case, so I'd guess not.

Sounds like I want an aftermarket with better cooling/components, as low noise level is my preference for the card.

Can u recommend any cards on ocuk in particular?

Soldato
Aftermarket cards you mention in point 5, are they not referred to as blower or founders in their name?

Not sure what you mean by blow outside the case? The card will sit in the PCIe in the middle of the case, so I'd guess not.

Sounds like I want an aftermarket with better cooling/components, as low noise level is my preference for the card.

Can u recommend any cards on ocuk in particular?

reference/Blowers suck in air from the small fan and force air our the back of the card (where the IO ports are) see the vents in the back space, this is its only outlet.

Non reference/Aftermarket sucks air into the heatsink & blows tyhe hot air either side of the heatsink dumping the hot air inside your PC case
difference_non_reference_nvidia_oem_refence_gpu_cooling_fan_shroud_mnpctech_support.jpg

Soldato
OP
reference/Blowers suck in air from the small fan and force air our the back of the card (where the IO ports are) see the vents in the back space, this is its only outlet.

Non reference/Aftermarket sucks air into the heatsink & blows tyhe hot air either side of the heatsink dumping the hot air inside your PC case
difference_non_reference_nvidia_oem_refence_gpu_cooling_fan_shroud_mnpctech_support.jpg

Which is generally quieter would you say? I suppose, as mentioned above, it would depend on RPM, but the single fan would be less noisy too right?

Soldato
Which is generally quieter would you say? I suppose, as mentioned above, it would depend on RPM, but the single fan would be less noisy too right?
reference has to run its small fan (60mm from memory) at 2300rpm+ vs aftermarket running 2/3 100mm fans at 800-2000rpm

generally
Reference is quiet until it hits its Thermal limit which it always will do then get louder.
Non Ref is completely silent until 60C as the fans do not spin at all. then it can run quiet after this.

Most often than not non Ref is quieter

Associate
Right now you wanna look at the cards with large fans that spin fairly low at load:

MSI Gaming X
Gigabyte Aorus
Zotac Amp! Extreme

All around ~1400-1700RPM at load which makes them non intrusive, unlike the Founders Edition which is 2300+RPM at load.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-33j-ms.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-000-au.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...xpress-graphics-card-zt-p10810-gx-10f-zt.html

Soldato
Quietest cards are in order

1. Zotac amp extreme
2. Palit/gainward (the ones with the 3 slot cooler)
3. Msi gaming x

Back
Top Bottom