Insomnia 60

Soldato
I am on the train as we speak. There must be hundreds of people off these forums going there - they are just hiding :)

I am taking my 8 year old daughter with me, as I need an excuse to find the OCUK Giraffe and go to the Zelda Symphony on Sunday evening.

Surprised there is not an official thread as there will be an OCUK booth.

Tips? Well, I would usually have a long list but as the location is excellent there will be less problems this year as it is designed to cope with the numbers.

Soldato
Not been since something like i30. It lost it's appeal for me. Do look back at some of the events....i7 / i8 and remember how epic they were - Everyone with their big CRT monitors and Windows 2000. Some really fun times had back then.

It just seems "different" now. Maybe it's just because of getting older.

I think I would go if a load of the people I used to go with all went to one, but more just for the social aspect rather than the gaming.

Soldato
just had a walk through. it is pretty epic. congrats to the organisers.

the sheer scale of the event is something else!

have retreated to TGI fridays for lunch will dive back in after

Soldato
Been going since i58 with my son, daughter and her friend.

Will be there again on Sunday.

you need to be quite early if you want to see the opening event on the main stage and get freebies.

Otherwise rock up, walk round and see what stage events take your fancy.

Last time they did some VR games on stage and was funny to watch.

Soldato
As much as I agree it was good when at Newbury, when you were still allowed to sleep under your desk, The NEC is hardly "Up North"....

Man of Honour
I99 veteran here from 1999 in a tiny place, complete with multiple power cuts, I forget where. Then went until about I5 at Newbury I think.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
i9 was first one i went to. you could sleep under your desk. as a 16 year old it was epic, you could stay up all night and not get told off, you had super low ping but a high 300 ish at home. I cant see the appeal anymore, maybe when my kids are older I dunno. Think i went to i18,19,21 maybe another but it wasn't as good then.

Back
Top Bottom