Retro console and games thread

Man of Honour
Probably keep my Mega Drive as I have an Ever Drive so I can still play MD and Master System games. I'll keep my "region free" PS2 and GameCube because they give me the same options as an Ever Drive. Mega CD also plays CDRs so I could sell Mega CD games too.

My SNES has already gone. I kept Super RType, Super Aleste and RType III so sell separately.

Master System and Dreamcast are already up for sale locally.

I'll also be selling my sim racing hardware too. I've already down graded to a Logitech G29. But haven't put my Fanatec stuff up for sale yet.

Soldato
Sources: Nintendo to launch SNES mini this year

Nintendo will follow up its smash hit NES microconsole with a mini version of the SNES, sources close to the company have confirmed to Eurogamer.

The SNES mini (or, to continue Nintendo's official branding, likely the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System) is currently scheduled to launch in time for Christmas this year. Development of the device is already under way, our sources have indicated.

Nintendo's plans for SNES mini are also a major reason why last year's NES mini did not see a reprieve from discontinuation, Eurogamer understands, despite the latter's continued popularity and sell-out status.

Man of Honour
Do want.

In other news.

barry - sorry to hear you are selling up, may I ask have you already posted the stuff on MM?
Also you mentioned you are selling locally? How? (I ask because I want to sell some of my retro stuff too).

barry? :D

Not posted anything yet.

I use Gumtree and Shpock to sell locally. It's bit hit and miss because most of the potential buyers are collectors or re-sellers and so low ball offers are common.

To give you an idea of what I mean. I trolled Shpock today using some pictures I'd posted in this thread of my shmups collection (this post https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30567807/) I listed them for £50 and someone actually offered me £45.

So just a warning of the sort of people you have to deal with.

Soldato
Primal
Shadow of Rome
Dark Cloud
Blood Will Tell
God Hand
Ico
shadow of the colossus
Extermination
Gungrave
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

Fantastic I shall look out some of these! Out of all of them I have dabbled in Shadow as a PS3 hd version

Seem shadow of Rome and primal mentioned in similar vain as more niche ps2 games

Best thing I see about looking to start a small ps2 collection is that it's all pretty darn cheap, due to mass production and how popular the system was I guess

Soldato
Fantastic I shall look out some of these! Out of all of them I have dabbled in Shadow as a PS3 hd version

Seem shadow of Rome and primal mentioned in similar vain as more niche ps2 games

Best thing I see about looking to start a small ps2 collection is that it's all pretty darn cheap, due to mass production and how popular the system was I guess

places like gumtree sell in lots (bundles) also facebook groups from time to time will have stuff

Man of Honour
It's also worth looking at CEX online as you can get a many PS2 games for a £1 or less. They only charge £2.50 shipping no matter how many games you buy up to 10 so it's worth trying to find that many to order at a time.

Man of Honour
Great tips here as always guys thanks! In terms of connecting to a trinitron crt tv, what should I be looking at? RGB scart?

Yes. I'm not 100% sure but I think some Trintron TV's only one of the two scart sockets is RGB. Worth checking.

Trust me you address.

I have a spare RGB cable from Retro Gaming Cables.

The shield has split, but it's fully functional and I can mail it off to you rather than it lying in the draw.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes. I'm not 100% sure but I think some Trintron TV's only one of the two scart sockets is RGB. Worth checking.

Trust me you address.

I have a spare RGB cable from Retro Gaming Cables.

The shield has split, but it's fully functional and I can mail it off to you rather than it lying in the draw.

Nice I would appreciate that, haven't actually bought the system yet mind but I am still looking!

You are right about the TV, it has 2 scarts and the first one is the RGB and the other is just normal. I haven't got round to buying a splitter yet so I'm often swapping the scarts in and out of the RGB socket to get the best picture :)

*would this cable work on both a fat and a slim? I'm open to getting either system really. I assume they both use this connection?

Back
Top Bottom