****LG G6****

Associate
This phone looks nice but after my G4 suffering from the boot loop issue I could never recommend buying an LG phone. They're customer service was absolutely woeful, they kept on fobbing me off every time I called. I don't have the time to repeatedly chase them up and still get nowhere. I get that they were probably a bit overwhelmed with the issue but still... Luckily I had bought the phone through amazon who thankfully gave me a refund 10 months since purchase.

£650 for this knowing that I will have to put up with that if something goes wrong, no thank you. Maybe I got unlucky with which customer service reps I got put with, did anyone else have the boot loop issue and went through a similar ordeal?

I had the same Boot loop problem with my G4 but managed to avoid LG's support on this one: I originally got my contract from Carphone Warehouse so I popped back to them, gave them my phone and they had it fixed and back to me after about a week. Sounds like you got unlucky having to do it directly through LG :(

Soldato
I just don't understand the pricing on this at all. Yes it looks a nice phone, but to sell in any quantity it has to be a fair whack cheaper than the s8.

LG really have no clue. A real shame.

For such a nice device it's going to be an utter utter flop. It should have been released a month before the S8 and at the very highest point an RRP of £549. Also the mystifying variation of models between regions is just shocking. Europe pay so much and get the worst deal out of all.

Soldato
For such a nice device it's going to be an utter utter flop. It should have been released a month before the S8 and at the very highest point an RRP of £549. Also the mystifying variation of models between regions is just shocking. Europe pay so much and get the worst deal out of all.

Exactly this.

If it had come out last month for £550 then I'd have certainly considered one.

But now i will probably end up buying an s8.

A real shame as the G6 looks a cracking good phone.

Associate
I had the same Boot loop problem with my G4 but managed to avoid LG's support on this one: I originally got my contract from Carphone Warehouse so I popped back to them, gave them my phone and they had it fixed and back to me after about a week. Sounds like you got unlucky having to do it directly through LG :(

Nice! I spent 2 days trying to get LG to fix replace it but then contacted amazon and they gave me a full cash refund, despite having purchased the phone 11 month previous.

I LOVE amazon.

Associate
Knowing LG this phone will probably cost £360 sim free in 3/4 months time, if any of you do fancy it...

LG definitely don't have the styling/branding/marketing clout to sell it for this much money. It's price will undoubtedly nose dive over the next couple of months

Associate
Found this on a £27p/m deal (24 months), £100 up front for 3GB data and u/l minutes and texts which isn't bad so got it for the wife.

Looks like a nice phone, might see what it's like and possibly get one to replace my ageing Note 3 if I like it.

Associate
Well it did not take long for prices to start dropping like we all knew they would :) Dipped to under £600 from some UK retailers and can be had for £500 if ordered from Amazon Italy.

The g6 does look nice and at £500 I could be interested though still not sure if it is enough of an upgrade from a Galaxy S7 to really justify it?

Soldato
My G6 arrived on Sunday from Vodafone. I'd upgraded from a Xiaomi Note 3 and prior to that a S7 Edge.

I looked at a large number of reviews before I went for this over the S8. While there's no doubt that the S8 is better in some areas, in the end it was the wide angle camera, fingerprint sensor location and sheer delicate nature of the Edge screens that swayed my decision.

I've not had loads of time with the handset as it's only been a day or so but the biggest plus of these newer handsets for me is that due to the aspect ratio they are much easier to handle and use one handed. It really does make a big difference, so much so that I don't know if I'd want to go back to a 16:9 screen.

I'm pleased with it so far (to be fair I was quote happy with the Xiaomi Note 3 with the exception of the camera). The battery life has been good as you'd expect, I'm probably getting to the end of the day with ~40% remaining. I'm looking forward to seeing how the aspect ratio of the screen can be implemented, the gallery view in the camera app seems a nice was of using that extra screen space. Hopefully I'll get a chance to put the camera through it's paces this weekend.

Soldato
Interesting. Was it this thread or another, that someone was adamant that no-one cared about the wide angle camera?

**EDIT** It was Mikeyaj in this thread, took me some time to find as he's set on my ignore list now.
Yeah I did see that in this thread as I skimmed through all the previous posts.

Obviously I don't speak for everyone but for me it was a major factor in why I opted for the phone. I use my camera mostly for taking pictures when I'm out and about with the family and often that's in the countryside, where you want to capture the scenery. I have an SLR and 28mm lens but I don't carry it everywhere for obvious reasons, usually I just have my phone with me and this is great for those occasions!

Soldato
I have this phone. Only had it a couple of days but so far it seems great. Was going to go with an iPhone 7 but tbh this seemed to offer more for less.... Can't say I have had any issues other than going from iPhone to Android is a bit daunting.....

nn1oo6.jpg

Soldato
The signal on the G6 is awful compared to my iPhone. It constantly drops signal and has trouble getting anything indoors.

Tbh this is a bit of a deal breaker for me as I need to do everything from the phone whereas with the iPhone I could leave it on windowsill and use iPad.

Shame as it's a great phone apart from this.

Looks like an iPhone 7 will be ordered......

Soldato
The signal on the G6 is awful compared to my iPhone. It constantly drops signal and has trouble getting anything indoors.

Tbh this is a bit of a deal breaker for me as I need to do everything from the phone whereas with the iPhone I could leave it on windowsill and use iPad.

Shame as it's a great phone apart from this.

Looks like an iPhone 7 will be ordered......

Should have got the S8 mate :p

Seriously though that's pretty bad mate, signal is a deal breaker for sure!

Sim free purchase or contract?

Back
Top Bottom