• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
The only thing i have used the firestorm software for is the lighting, i use afterburner, all i did was apply what settings i wanted then in the settings disable the startup with windows check box, that works for me, I've never had the firestorm software start with windows so maybe that's why i haven't noticed that software bug by the sounds of it.just use afterburner for clocking etc.

Can you change rgb to what you like then uninstall that software - think i did that with my msi gaming x 1070.

Edit- just read Adrian's post - that sounds better.

Sadly it seems I may have to do this, I wanted to use the Zotac software as I want to be able to change RGB colours on the fly but if I don't use start with windows it may work!

Associate
Sadly it seems I may have to do this, I wanted to use the Zotac software as I want to be able to change RGB colours on the fly but if I don't use start with windows it may work!

It does work if you untick start with windows, it's kept my settings from day 1, just use afterburner for clocking, you'll still be able to change on the fly just don't let the app start with windows and your good to go :)

Soldato
After the mess up of receiving an Aorus instead of an Aorus Xtreme and losing my place in the queue for the Zotac Amp Extreme, I've decided to just go with a competitor as I can get it sooner and cheaper.

Pretty disappointed with how OCUK have handled my situation. I've almost always ordered my hardware from here as well.

Could be worse, could be like me to find out £600+ has gone out of your account for cancelled orders.... 5 days later and booom, PayPal takes it out then tells me 5 days for return ...Haha

Associate
Arrived home from work and realised its two aorus, instead of the extreme that arrived today. Waiting to hear back about whats happening but I was 10th on the preorders, I dont fancy paying 150 euro again for insured parcel back

Associate
For those who have gone from a 1080 to 1080ti, has it been worth it?

If I get one I will be getting 3rd party cooled 1080ti and coming from a Palit GTX1080 Gamerock Premium Edition. I will be paring it with a 6700k @ 4.7ghz on 1440p/60hz monitor.

I know what the answer will be, but I just want thoughts from people who have actually made the move.

I guess I can wait for the 1180, but how long till it comes out and will it be a new architecture or just a pascal refresh?

Not a big jump truth be told, especially if you have a 1080 that overclocks really well like I did.

I get about 20 FPS higher at 3440x1440, so in games where I was experiencing borderline 60 FPS, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Associate
Had the same issue (mine was delivered today and noticed it wasn't Xtreme) so ordered another one to make sure I get it this week. I'll deal with the return/refund of the delivered one tomorrow. Good luck, I hope yours is the right one.

I too had the wrong Gigabyte card shipped and received the standard one not the XTreme. I ended up driving down to OC and swapping it personally making sure i got my delivery back. I wasnt waiting for the card to be collected checked and then having to wait for another one shipped. I think most who were in this batch of XTremes got the wrong card. not very good if you ask me.

Looks like my Aorus Xtreme that I ordered is actually an Aorus, so will have to return.

Annoyingly I've now lost my place for the Zotac Amp Extreme, which I would have got next week when stock arrives.

Got both on preorder, so now just waiting with more uncertainty :(

Hey guys. Sorry this happened, I'm sure OCUK will help sort this out asap.

Caporegime
Not a big jump truth be told, especially if you have a 1080 that overclocks really well like I did.

I get about 20 FPS higher at 3440x1440, so in games where I was experiencing borderline 60 FPS, it's exactly what I'm looking for.
It was a big enough jump for me in truth. I went from a 1440P to 3440x1440 and needed that extra grunt and the 1080Ti has delivered. Well worth the exchange for me anyways.

Soldato
Just to confirm, I got my code in the email. My stepdad who has a 970 cannot use this on geforce experience to claim the game right? is it ONLY the 10xx series? I have Wildlands and would like to give him the other game.

Back
Top Bottom