A penalty charge notice in Redbridge.

Soldato
It's also worth noting for the future that it would be a rarity, rather than the norm to be able to carry out a U-turn manoeuvre at a junction like that. If in doubt, take the safer option; not the more convenient one.

Associate
In terms of the contravention it looks like you have no appeal. Any appeal would need to be based on paperwork or process. There used to be many issues with PCNs issued under LLAs by many London Authorities, but not sure if that is still the case, I have not looked at any PCNs for a while. Appeals are however harder than under TMA as you don't get procedural impropriety as a ground.

Associate
They put those signs there because of the queues it caused every day during rush hour periods leading to the dual carriageway being blocked up. It's local to me and it's not gonna kill you or anyone else to drive a tiny bit further to make your maneuver safely away from the junction. Lazy observation and trying to jump the queue I expect (happy to be wrong but likely you ended up making a 3 point u-turn because it's quite tight). I'm glad they've put a camera there to specifically catch people who still ignore the no u-turn signs. The other was a gatso on the dual carriageway I believe.

Back
Top Bottom