OnePlus 3T

Associate
Should be receiving my OP3T today some time, excited to get my hands on it, been using the Galaxy S4 since release and was time for an upgrade. Reason I picked this phone is down to price, performance and hardware, was not going to go and spend major £££ on an over hyped flagship like the S7/S8 and certainly didn't want to follow the iPhone cult.
I will report back my thoughts on the phone once I get it setup today.

Associate
Had my OP3T in Gunmetal (64GB) delivered this morning, been playing with it for over 2hrs and cant fault it yet. Best phone I have owned, rapid performance, great camera, solid build design and really nice sound. Happy with the purchase and glad I picked this phone over any other flagship phones. I grabbed the Karbon protective case for now and will eventually grab another, maybe the OtterBox case or something similar.

Soldato
I did because it looked so cheap. The one on the OP2 was barely noticeable and I never removed it whereas this one looks like some random piece of plastic that gathers all the dust it can, it took it off within a few hours.

Know what you mean. I left mine on but after only two weeks or so it looks tatty already.

I did remove it.
I presume you just prefer them naked? Be interesting to see if others back your opinion of easily scratched Gorilla Glass up. I prefer phones without a bit of plastic on the screen but think it's a worthwhile compromise to keep it looking mint.

Associate
I've just seen that leather dbrand skin on twitter, I really want one now :p

IMG_20170419_105912_zpsjzpqc3my.jpg

Soldato
Know what you mean. I left mine on but after only two weeks or so it looks tatty already.

I presume you just prefer them naked? Be interesting to see if others back your opinion of easily scratched Gorilla Glass up. I prefer phones without a bit of plastic on the screen but think it's a worthwhile compromise to keep it looking mint.

Yep, much prefer without it. My wife's 3T is the same. It's not the glass, more the AR coating. In fairness the scratches are only noticeable when the screen is black.

Soldato
Yea I had to take the screen protector off that came with it, the feeling was not very nice, much much better without one.

Had my 3T 4 months now and no scratches but I don't keep it in a pocket with keys or anything else.

Soldato
How do you add an oyster card to Android Pay?? I couldn't figure it out!! :(

Got and O2 PAYG Classic SIM in SIM2 slot now!! so I can get perfect 100% coverage Everywhere when my 3 SIM craps out!!! :)

Soldato
Not an Oyster card it's just my credit card. It's definitely snappier than before too. Used it in a few places now since the update and it's getting very close to instant.

Soldato
Really happy with my 128GB Midnight Black. Very fast, awesome near stock Android experience and lots of usability tweaks. Gestures for camera and LED light from screen off are very slick. Fingerprint reader is rapid and the fast charging is excellent.

Also happy with the Spigen Hybrid Ultra Clear case. Very good quality and excellent fitment. Many people complained about ease of access to the Ring/Silent rocker switch and the case lifting screen protectors.

I've not personally had any of these issues. I can use the rocker switch fine and I'm not exactly daintily fingered. The pre applied screen protector is still on fine with the case fitted also. I've yet to try the tempered glass protector yet though.

Soldato
Has anyone had issues with the latest oxygen update, 4.1.3? My soft back button now takes two or three presses to work, though each press does register (as in it lights up and vibrates).

Back
Top Bottom