BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I have the stalk on one car and wheel on the other and have to say I prefer the stalk as it's more intuitive. I have flashed someone with high beams twice accidentally but other than that much simpler to use.

Man of Honour
The indicator in my Integra is on the right, so I presume it's the same in the F10? It did something weird with the wipers instead. I thought about taking it back to BMW but people seem to worship the road I drive on now and move out of my way regardless so I won't waste my time.

Caporegime
Having some fun with the 640 atm. It has a problem. After it's been driven for some time it starts up with what I can only describe as a rotational squeak coming from the rear passenger side. So my first thought was wheel bearing. Anyways - had it in at the garage who had it for 2 days and can't find anything wrong. Now to their enormous credit - they turned round and said 'just because we can't find it, doesn't mean there isn't an issue, please give us more time'. So I took their head mech out in it today and eventually, after 30 mins it starts making the noise. He immediately homes in on the rear passenger side brakes. Gives them a check and can't find anything wrong. His solution - oh we'll just do a full caliper strip down and rebuild for you on the car. Whilst we're at it we'll fully re-check the suspension and re-check the bearings. Oh and the exhaust system.

Nowt like thorough! :)

So I made a deal with them, fix it by Tues and I'll buy another car off you on Wed :p

No pressure lads!

Soldato
Which garage is that? Seems like superb customer service.

BMW Worcester checked for the reverse whine on my auto M135i during a routine service and told me that they couldn't find anything, and didn't bother investigating further.

Associate
I am in the market for a BMW, just need to make my mind up which one, the ones i'm looking at are all very similar mechanically. They are M135i, 335i E92 Coupe, or if one comes up at decent money an M235i. Budget is circa 20k. Gonna go look at this sometime over the weekend as its very close to me, but the price seems high for an e92 coupe although the spec and mileage is awesome. Love the look of the e92 coupe but its looking a little dated interior wise, hence my indecision between the models.

Does anyone on here have any experience with any of these to compare?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...had=New&model=3 SERIES&postcode=st65nx&page=1

Soldato
Is this truly the only difference? From my experience it also holds the car at higher revs (generally leading to a lower gear selection than comfort) so the throttle response feels a lot more immediate.

It also changes the weight of the steering and stiffens the suspension making it feel 'sportier'.
Found this when I was researching the same thing. Changes quite a bit actually...

Drivingmodes https://www.flickr.com/photos/123473419@N06/, on Flickr

Associate
I am in the market for a BMW, just need to make my mind up which one, the ones i'm looking at are all very similar mechanically. They are M135i, 335i E92 Coupe, or if one comes up at decent money an M235i. Budget is circa 20k. Gonna go look at this sometime over the weekend as its very close to me, but the price seems high for an e92 coupe although the spec and mileage is awesome. Love the look of the e92 coupe but its looking a little dated interior wise, hence my indecision between the models.

Does anyone on here have any experience with any of these to compare?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704204586006?make=BMW&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=distance&aggregatedTrim=335i&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=3 SERIES&postcode=st65nx&page=1

The E92 335i is a nice car, but not £20k nice. That's crazy money.

Back
Top Bottom