• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is 1080ti worth double

Soldato
I would say not.

Then again, I'm stubborn and staying with 1080p resolution until the screens and graphics cards required for 4k gaming become a more sensible price.
I'm just not prepared to spend that sort of money on a PC.

So it's a matter of perspective.

Associate
The 1080ti is more powerful, but only you can answer how well you can afford the difference.
A new 1080 for £350 is a very good deal. I could easily sell that for a profit on the Ebay. A 1080 will certainly do you nicely for 1440p gaming. There isn't a night and day difference between a 1080 and the ti. I'm playing MA Andromeda at the moment at max settings in full fps comfort with a 1080 at 1440p, a ti wouldn't enhance the experience at all. The ti is in no way value for money over a 1080 at £350.
That said I am moving to a ti, but mainly because of my senseless obsession with GTAV settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
You're asking the wrong question. What is it that you want to accomplish? What game are you trying to run and at what settings? Only by answering those questions first can we really give you a decent answer to the question first posed.

Back
Top Bottom