core v71 waterbuild red

Associate
hello I asm back its been a few years since I built a water-cooled pc and recently got time on my hands due to ill health and needing something to keep me busy, not that family life 2 kids wife and a dog don't keep me busy as it is but I need a retreat!!

so what have I gone with, coming from intel to AMD is a new area but fancied something different, so without further a do lets get cracking.

so the specs are:-

thermaltake core v71
gigabyte gamer motherboard
FX 8350 black edition
sapphire rx 480 reference card
Team Elite 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
500 watt psu
3 x riing fans
6 x 120mm FQ121WC Water-cooling Radiator Fan

and on with the pictures as we all love those more than writing!!

Now this is going to be a work in progress so if you see something you think would be beneficial and not too costly then feel free to let me know.

couple questions to start......

changing to hard tubing petg as think it make it look more better would it be better using 90 degree bends or bend myself(not done this before!!)?
if bends are ok what ones link to em would be grand!!

going to move the res over to the right area and change out the tube

EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...revo-d5-pwm-incl.-sleeved-pump-wc-9e1-ek.html

with this tube

EK-RES X3 - TUBE 250 (204mm)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-res-x3-tube-250-204mm-wc-9am-ek.html

I'm hoping that will fit?

so here is a finshed photo and I will post below all the work I did for all you guys n girls who love seeing build logs!!

next post will be my build log

Associate
OP
ok so lets get cracking first of the case

so going with my favorite colour red and white I thought I spray paint the inside of the case white to enhance the red.

so after that was done I then planned on doing the grommets now as there the rubber its not the best to paint but a few coats and it stuck then while I was on the red I did fan fins and the blocks of the motherboard and also painted the fan cases white.

the motherboard blocks where black so before

and after

so now went onto the gpu,fairly easy one todo really as being a reference card.

so with that done I went onto the pump,now it stood out like a sore thumb and decieded to paint it white

before

and after(ignore the fan and bracket!!)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
so went onto the floor of the pc case as I wanted a clean look without loads of gromments I decided to make a base for it out of a old pc base section and it fitted in without any cutting.

by now as you can see I have painted the rad housing red and added the fans above later I changed the fans to pull as when I added the fans in the inlet on front it looks too cramped and it didn't look even.

now with all that in I added the riings to the front more for looks than anything else really my 3 ssd drives are in there as well.

sadly me phone camera made em look orange!!

so we are about done with all the prep work and time to move onto the tubing.

so decided to put the res/combo in the middle of the case as it was more easier to connect the tubing and fittings(see first post above this is changing now!!)

excuse the crappy phone pics!!

so on with the gpu and I had to change the layout of the gpu due to the extension cable I got was to small and need the bigger version(this may change at some point)

well I wont bore you with a step by step of tubing but now we are completed...for now!!

so started to fill with the blood red from mayhem x1 blood red
and all went fine.

so now the pc is done and now I'm not too happy with the tubing and placement of the res,im going to exchange the fill tube with a larger one for looks and will fill the void in the right corner.

going to change the fans on rads but not sure on what yet?

hard tubing is on the cards but not sure about bending is there 90 degree beds for petg if so drop me the link,think I need 8 for it all?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
so onto the next stage overall the temps on this is really good for stock settings this will be overclocked at some point once I work out how to do it on amd and its been a few years since I did one.
any help on getting this oc to prob 4.8ghz? I would be gratefull

only thing I'm baffled about is this temp monitor I have plugged into my res

it says its 28.1c surely that's not correct

my room temp is 21c

speed fan states these.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom