Poll: What AM4 motherboard will you be getting?

What manufacturer AM4 will you be buying?

• Asus

Votes: 93 33.0%
  • Asrock

Votes: 66 23.4%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 81 28.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • other.

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Got the Asrock X370 Professional Gaming AMD on pre-order after reading all the positive reviews on Newegg. A lot of the AM4 motherboards seem to have issues with the BIOS or the DDR4 they support.

Soldato
What sub £200 do you guys think is the best option. Im thinking either Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 for £205 or MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon

I've ordered the Asrock X370 Fatality Gaming K4. Should have it built next week, but for £150 I think that's pretty good value.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Personally I think the Biostar Racing X370GT7 is the best value 'TOP' board out there, sadly Ocuk don't stock it, gets a great review on Tweaktown. But then I may be biased. ;)
When u say it gets a good review you presume the reviewer has a clue... Be careful in the hardware industry with such statements.

If it is was me I would spend 230 and get Taichi and save on cpu with none X versions.

Soldato
When u say it gets a good review you presume the reviewer has a clue... Be careful in the hardware industry with such statements.

If it is was me I would spend 230 and get Taichi and save on cpu with none X versions.
Ok 8 Pack, you know a helluva lot more about boards than I do, but the guy was asking for sub £200, the Taichi is £229.99 and whilst it is probably the best X370 board out there it fails the criteria whereas the GT7 fits, mine was £179.99 and I think it is very good value as I have it and am using it and that's my opinion and that's all it is. As for 'Be careful in the hardware industry with such statements' that's a bit heavy to be honest the guy is looking for options and seeking opinions for best value for under £200. :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
ON AM4 I am advocating buying the best board you can and keep dropping in upgrades via new CPU's. The AM4 socket has a long lifespan and current chips are pushing the VRM on most boards. When you add more cores and more frequency this will push them even harder.

I am saying invest in the board and go none X CPU's which can OC to the same level as the X counterpart.

Taichi
Crosshair

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
ON AM4 I am advocating buying the best board you can and keep dropping in upgrades via new CPU's. The AM4 socket has a long lifespan and current chips are pushing the VRM on most boards. When you add more cores and more frequency this will push them even harder.

I am saying invest in the board and go none X CPU's which can OC to the same level as the X counterpart.

Taichi
Crosshair

Maybe so! But the warranty's are the same with cheaper to the dearest

Associate
If you care about Linux support, avoid Gigabyte. Not compatible, and not willing to help. Just asked OCUK if I can return my AB350M Gaming 3 - will be swapping it with the MSI AB350M Mortar board. Hopefully the efi stuff is less crappy too. Also holy crap first post in 6 years!

Associate
Agree on the efi, but once set up I do not spend numerous hrs looking at my efi, ha! I had the asus micro but that felt cheap and only 2 fan headers, it failed on me, hence the giga :D

Associate
b350 gaming 3 gigabyte
no real issue, had to set timings for ram manually to run 2933mhz with corsairs 3000mhz ram.
oc to 3.8ghz using a 1600.
happy camper

Back
Top Bottom