Transferring Domains from 123 to Vidahost

Soldato
I have most of my domains with 123Reg and a business website with Vidahost.

I've just tried to create an email with one of my 123Reg domains and they want £2.99 per month. Just for email.

Vidahost cloud thingy provides 25 mailboxes. Is that 25 seperate ones or 25 under one domain? So if I had [email protected] I couldnt have [email protected] without paying for another hosting.

I have several domians that point to one main website but then I have several "hobby" domains that I would like to have Matt@Hobby1 and Matt@Hobby2 etc emails. Can this be done without needing separate hosting

Any Ideas
Ta
Matt

Soldato
I've a single medium hosting package with Vidahost, I've moved all my domains to them (around 10) and have emails running for 5 of those.

I pay for the single hosting package and domain renewals as they come up.

I think it depends on how many domains you can have for your hosting package, then each domain gets X number of emails.

Soldato
OP
I've a single medium hosting package with Vidahost, I've moved all my domains to them (around 10) and have emails running for 5 of those.

I pay for the single hosting package and domain renewals as they come up.

I think it depends on how many domains you can have for your hosting package, then each domain gets X number of emails.

Thanks. I'll send them an email and clarify. At least I now know I'm not asking a stupid question.

Soldato
OP
Been with Vida for 7+ years, never had any issues with the service.

being owned by doesn't always mean it is run to the same standards.

I think I've been with them 8 or so with no issues...Although its not like I get much traffic to the site it was only done really so I have some sort of web presence

Soldato
Some of the latest sites I've had ran really badly on their cloud hosting, moved it to cPanel legacy and it was better but got constant errors even though the server supposedly had the required resources to handle the software. They upgraded the resources eventually which reduced the errors but still had issues with loading speeds. Gave up in the end and moved the site to another host. My older sites on a legacy cPanel host still run great with no problems, but all the new servers I've tried with them over the last couple of years have not been that great, even moved some of the newer sites to my legacy package for testing and they ran fine on that. Found support a bit hit and miss.

Soldato
Some of the latest sites I've had ran really badly on their cloud hosting, moved it to cPanel legacy and it was better but got constant errors even though the server supposedly had the required resources to handle the software. They upgraded the resources eventually which reduced the errors but still had issues with loading speeds. Gave up in the end and moved the site to another host. My older sites on a legacy cPanel host still run great with no problems, but all the new servers I've tried with them over the last couple of years have not been that great, even moved some of the newer sites to my legacy package for testing and they ran fine on that. Found support a bit hit and miss.

Found this too. Decided to go elsewhere, even though their support is excellent the site did nothing but lag (WP). Tried multiple templates, without any plug ins.

Soldato
Well Vidahost even managed to screw up terminating my account. Got a few emails over the weekend telling me my services had been suspended for non-payment even though there was an active cancellation request on the account. They forgot to cancel the account then sent out emails telling me to pay up. Got email logs to show I did the cancellation request more than 30 days before the billing date and it would all be sorted out by them. Glad I don't have to use them for my newer websites.

Back
Top Bottom