Man killed as thieves take car from outside his house

Soldato
The popular hot hatches are the big targets. Thieves don't tend to target coupes because they aren't so popular any more.

But modern cars are just not very secure, which is why thefts are on the rise. Many can be started without the keys at all, which is how this guy's was stolen. People wanted convenience with wireless rubbish but it's come at the cost of security. If you want to secure a car properly the old, physical ways are the best. Like hidden kill switches.

Last edited:
Soldato
As a few have posted, it is just a car, my family's and my safety are much more important. My keys are kept on a key hook and I set the downstairs alarm every night. If somebody is not scared off by that then I don't want them confronting me so they can have the thing.

Soldato
If I paid £50 000 for a top range car I'd want built in security that
ensures my car will remain immobilised till I want to start it, not just any scrote who pinched the key.

Maybe a second line of security is needed, having the key or remote is not enough to gain entry.

My £250 laptop won't fire up unless the correct password is put in.
Car manufacturers have that technology, voice recognition ? fingerprints even ?

My car won't start without a code being entered first, not expensive to get fitted to pretty much any car, think mine was about £200.

Soldato
Fortunately the Mustang does not seem to be popular with thiefs at all, I know of no reported stolen ones, so fingers crossed that is how it stays, there was fear they'd be like Focus RS all over again but fortunately they are not.

Short of rolling it off the estate they are found on I can't imagine many people would sleep through a mustang being started up in the early hours?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

My car won't start without a code being entered first, not expensive to get fitted to pretty much any car, think mine was about £200.
So the thieves just come and wake you up and beat seven bells of **** out of you or threaten your family until you give them the code - just like they do to get into people's safes.

Permabanned
So the thieves just come and wake you up and beat seven bells of **** out of you or threaten your family until you give them the code - just like they do to get into people's safes.

That's a loaded scenario, why would they do that if there's a Range Rover down the road that will take
2 minutes to pinch ?

Like the rest of us car thieves want an easy life, any likelihood that nicking a car is going
require added effort or brain-power, they'll move to the next location.

Soldato

That kind of thing is proper organised crime, not car theft. They don't like anything that might slow them down since it increases the chances of them being caught.

Soldato
I have a question for those who might know: is it possible to steal a modern car without physical access to the diagnostic port or whatever? I.e. by just being near it with the right equipment? I had thought not, but now I'm curious.

Soldato
the trouble is if the ***** cant steal it, they'll probably smash it up on the outside.....just out of pure frustration.
the best is to have a Dog and a Dog that hates strangers......... not kept outside, but inside with a Dog Hatch, so that it rushes out instantly in attack mode...........it doesn't just bark, it's trained to kill..........we're too soft in this country.

Soldato
the trouble is if the ***** cant steal it, they'll probably smash it up on the outside.....just out of pure frustration.
the best is to have a Dog and a Dog that hates strangers......... not kept outside, but inside with a Dog Hatch, so that it rushes out instantly in attack mode...........it doesn't just bark, it's trained to kill..........we're too soft in this country.

and if a kid gets his ball and killed by this dog? You'll in deep ****

Soldato
and if a kid gets his ball and killed by this dog? You'll in deep ****
yea you'll have to be careful..obviously

1. BMW X5

2. Mercedes-Benz C-class

3. Range Rover Sport

4. Mercedes-Benz E-class

5. Land Rover Discovery

6. BMW M3

7. Range Rover Vogue

8. Audi RS4

9. Mercedes-Benz ML

10. Mercedes-Benz C63
top ten most stolen cars

Soldato
Just let them have the keys..Full Stop. It's just NOT worth the risk.

Back to Invoice Gap insurance would mean if they did it to me I would actually be better off in the short term (until I have the inevitable rise in insurance)

Soldato
Can't remember if it was on this forum, or another forum i read, but some guy had rigged up a button for the fuel pump in a secret location. So without turning it on, even if you had nicked the keys, you wouldn't make it very far.

I had a clifford alarm back in the day, which had anti Hijack. It had a plain view valet switch (two buttons which meant you could input a numerical code) This would be triggered within 30 secs of driving off with the car. It would even be triggered if I were carjacked.( door opened and closed) The hazards would flash and the internal light would flash after 30Secs and then as soon as the speed went below 30mph it would cut the engine.

At least I knew my car would be within a minute of where it was jacked

Back
Top Bottom